“BRING EAR MUFFS”

La Jolla Shores Hotel
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed 29 May 2011

If you are looking for peace and quite you won't find it here. And when morning, you have an automatic alarm from all the neighbors talking and yelling and banging the doors, I mean you hear everything which brings me to my subject headline, BRING EAR MUFFS. Nuff said.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank I22
drush001, Manager at La Jolla Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

Please accept my sincere apologies for the irritations you experienced on your recent stay with us. We do our very best to ensure all of our guests enjoy their time with us. Your note certainly lets us know that we failed to met your expectations. I would hope that you would give us another opportunity if and when you decide to visit La Jolla again. I will make sure that Ear Muffs will not be needed.

Respectfully

Dennis Rush
Managing Director
La Jolla Shores Hotel
La Jolla Shore Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed 11 April 2011

I cannot express in words the magic I felt during my stay at La Jolla Shores Hotel. We arrived around 5pm on a Sunday night very tired and ready to relax. We received that and more thanks to Nick. Nick set husband, nine-year-old grandson, and myself up in the corner suite with the most beautiful view to be seen. My grandson gave me the high-five and said “yeah Grandma, you did good!”. The room, staff service, maid service, and food were superior to other high dollar San Diego hotels. The hotel is close to anywhere you want to go and easy access to all major roads. I loved this early spring vacation and look forward to a fall escape soon. Thank you Nick and all the other wonderful personnel of the La Jolla Shores Hotel.
Candace Darling
Southern Arizona

Room Tip: Full ocean view a must; it is beautiful
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2011

this is a very professionally run place without the pretentiousness. the rooms are large with high ceiling, they appear to be a bit older, but well cared for.

the staff is friendly. we ordered room service twice, always prompt and food is good. they give you starbucks coffee pods for your room.

the water is like a two minute walk from the room. we got a partial view of the ocean that you see from the balcony. i recommend this type of room unless you can afford better.

parking is $14 per day, i think that's high, but still seems to be the going rate.

we had very noisy neighbors above us at 1 am one night; i called the front desk and they promptly put a stop to it which i appreciate.

i often ask myself if i were going back tomorrow would i stay here again. the answer is a big yes.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I travelled with my mom, sister, and nephew to San Diego/La Jolla area last year and enjoyed every minute of it. As we pulled up to the hotel, I was satisfied right away with the location of the hotel...with the beach literally in its backyard. My only minor complaint was having to park in the neighborhood, but it wasn't really an issue. The front desk staff was very helpful and seemed caring, even letting us check in earlier. The room itself was really nice in size, but the bedding and walls were just a bit dated, which didn't really bother anybody especially since our balcony led out to a beautiful view of the ocean. Overall, I was very satisfied with this place!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank suprlonghorn
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Stay here every time visiting my daughter at UCSD. Yes a bit old fashioned hotel but can't beat it. For those with teenagers - get the room with the beach park view - total eye candy with surfers going in/out, cheerleaders practicing in the park, never a dull moment on the balcony :-) Will stay again always.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Beautiful hotel right in the heart of La Jolla Shores. Great happy hour, awesome pool and hot tub, clean room and views to die for. Wish I could stay longer.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2010

This hotel is terrible. For 300 a night rooms where I heard every word my neighbor said (I felt like they were in the room with me), rooms needed to be gutted, and I didn't even have a view. It's a glorified motel 6. No wifi, rip off for parking when you need a car to get around. All around disappointment. Will never make the same mistake again.

• Stayed: December 2009
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#6 of 286 in San Diego
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
#6 of 24 in La Jolla

Been to La Jolla Shores Hotel? Share your experiences!