1,127 results
All reviewsla jolla shoreschairs and umbrellasping pongbeachfront roombeach serviceunderground parkingthird floorocean frontmarine roomhot tubshuttle servicebeach accesshotel restaurantsan diegonice poolfamily vacationgarden view
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I needed a "get-away week to rest, relax and quilt. It was everything I needed. It was not at spring break time, so it was quiet, but families would have a good time here. The view and being steps from the ocean is the best part. I am definately going back.

Room Tip: Ocean views or coastal view rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeanette N
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We recently stayed at this Hotel on a Saturday night. Great location, right on the beach in La Jolla. It was a great getaway for my wife and me. We awoke to sunshine and a walk on the beach. First towards the beautiful homes facing the ocean and then back towards Scripps Pier. The front desk staff were extermely nice and helpful. A great place to stay while in La Jolla. We were within walking distance to several great restaurants.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dale B
Dennis R, Manager at La Jolla Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about The Shores Hotel and our staff. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us on your recent visit to La Jolla. We hope that we are again able to serve you and your wife on your next visit.

Respectfully,
Dennis Rush
Manager
La Jolla Shores Hotel
La Jolla, CA. 92037

Reviewed 12 March 2013

This property was perfect for our stay in La Jolla, right on the beach with terrific views of the shoreline and area for miles. Our room was fantastic with ocean and beach views and wonderful bedding. The staff is very friendly and accomodating and any request we had was promptly responded to. Breakfast overlooking the beach and ocean was another plus. Will definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David A
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This is not a glitzy beach resort and it's a bit old, but I really enjoyed my stay here. It is right on a nice beach and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. Only two caveats: (1) I paid to park my car in the garage but didn't realize that there is plenty of free street parking (2) it's a long walk to downtown La Jolla despite how it appears on the map. They have a van but it was in the shop when I thought I'd use it. Good rates and a very good choice if you don't need glitz.

Room Tip: Be careful of rooms facing the street
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathryn P
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Great location on the beach. Great for walking and watching surfing, scuba, surfers, and swimmers. Close to the great restaurants of LaJolla. Watching the gorgeous sunsets can become addictive. the rooms are comfortable with great decks. The areas like elevators could us some updating.

Room Tip: Our Coastal view room also had ocean views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple