1,167 results
All reviews la jolla shores chairs and umbrellas beachfront room ping pong third floor ocean front marine room beach access hot tub shuttle service parking garage san diego nice pool family vacation garden view restaurants and shops king bed
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Really good value, great location right on the beach, unobstructed views of the surf and sand. Best feature is their bar, best ocean and beach view in town but order the wine since their 20-something bartenders don't know how to mix the classics and their cocktails can be pretty bad. Skip their Shores Restaurant-- pricey and average food, instead walk 2-3 blocks to Ave de la Playa for really good restaurants. Try Voulez Vous for breakfast, especially the Eggs Benedict, and Barbarella for lunch of dinner. Parking in La Jolla Shores is easy and plentiful. Parking in La Jolla Village is terrible, inadequate, expensive. Try the Coast Walk, an easy couple of miles to the Village with spectacular cliff and wildlife views but not for the elderly or disabled-- uneaven, steep dirt trail in places but OH the views.

Room tip: Try to get an upstairs room away from the pool since this is noisy most of the day-- especially when families and teenagers are there on Spring break. Coast View room also looks over the ocean just fine. Lobby floor rooms are very public, no privacy.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ANonyMouse45
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I needed a "get-away week to rest, relax and quilt. It was everything I needed. It was not at spring break time, so it was quiet, but families would have a good time here. The view and being steps from the ocean is the best part. I am definately going back.

Room tip: Ocean views or coastal view rooms are good.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jeanette N
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We recently stayed at this Hotel on a Saturday night. Great location, right on the beach in La Jolla. It was a great getaway for my wife and me. We awoke to sunshine and a walk on the beach. First towards the beautiful homes facing the ocean and then back towards Scripps Pier. The front desk staff were extermely nice and helpful. A great place to stay while in La Jolla. We were within walking distance to several great restaurants.

Date of stay: March 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dale B
Dennis R, Manager at La Jolla Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about The Shores Hotel and our staff. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us on your recent visit to La Jolla. We hope that we are again able to serve you and your wife on your next visit.

Respectfully,
Dennis Rush
Manager
La Jolla Shores Hotel
La Jolla, CA. 92037

Reviewed 12 March 2013

This property was perfect for our stay in La Jolla, right on the beach with terrific views of the shoreline and area for miles. Our room was fantastic with ocean and beach views and wonderful bedding. The staff is very friendly and accomodating and any request we had was promptly responded to. Breakfast overlooking the beach and ocean was another plus. Will definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David A
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This is not a glitzy beach resort and it's a bit old, but I really enjoyed my stay here. It is right on a nice beach and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. Only two caveats: (1) I paid to park my car in the garage but didn't realize that there is plenty of free street parking (2) it's a long walk to downtown La Jolla despite how it appears on the map. They have a van but it was in the shop when I thought I'd use it. Good rates and a very good choice if you don't need glitz.

Room tip: Be careful of rooms facing the street
  • Trip type: Travelled on business