La Jolla Shores Hotel
  • Breakfast included
La Jolla Inn(La Jolla)
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
View Hotel
Grande Colonial La Jolla(La Jolla)
Inn by the Sea(La Jolla)
  • Breakfast included
1,074 results
All reviewsla jolla shoreschairs and umbrellasping pongbeachfront roombeach serviceunderground parkingthird floorocean frontmarine roomshuttle servicehot tubbeach accesshotel restaurantfamily vacationsan diegonice poolbit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband, myself and my elderly parents stayed there for 4 days. It was noisy near the pool because there were so many kids. The pool was always filled with kids so we could never use it. The rooms were dated, yet clean. I own a vacation rental in Sedona, AZ (5 stars on Trip Advisor), and let me tell you that the level of service at this hotel was terrible. Just to point out a few things room service was always late cleaning our room. Sometimes up to 4 PM and that's when we asked to have it done so my 81 year old dad could take a nap. Also one day Dad had bought himself a beer while in the grocery store. He went to the restaurant and asked if they could open the bottle the waitress said "we don't do that!" I couldn't believe that!!!! In addition, the bell man were rude, and when we checked in we were not asked for help with our luggage and had to underground park the car and carry all our stuff to the room. Overall experience, other than the view, was not worth the price and I know I will choose another place when I visit La Jolla yearly. Believe me I was glad to come home!

I cater to my guests when they stay at my rental any request for an amenity I provide. I am ALWAYS friendly and kind even if I have an off day. Working in the hospitality industry for 6 years, I know how important it is to have each guest have a enjoyable vacation!

1  Thank PeteandKIm07
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The hotel was very spacious and clean. Not outdated as we have read on other postings. Beds comfortable. The ocean was literally outside the doors of the hotel.The beach was kept clean of trash both from people and the ocean. Water was clean and much warmer than I expected - even on overcast days.
The location was very close to all those San Diego musts ... Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Lego Land, the USS Midway, Birch Aquarium, and all the trendy shops and restaurants around the bay.

Room Tip: If you plan to stay for a while and are on a budget, you might consider getting a room with a kitchen. Food in the area gets pricey after a while.
Reviewed 9 July 2013

A great hotel for families, or for a couple looking to spend time on the beach. Great beach services, and good food at the restaurant.
It is so relaxing to walk 50 feet from your room, to the beach and not have to carry chairs, coolers, towels, etc. - Let Beach Services do it all for you!

1  Thank brices123
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Standard rooms, nothing to special, maybe a bit outdated...but incredible beach location. Restaurant and Bar is excellent, and worth the view. Overall, Great experience at this hotel, and great Staff!

1  Thank Kyle H
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our family has visited the dining room at this hotel for special occasions for decades. We enjoy the ambiance, food, and proximity to the beach. Great place to enjoy a good meal and ocean views.

As locals, we can't speak to the rooms, but this is one of the few beach front restaurants in San Diego that offers free (Validated) parking, friendly service, and diverse, well prepared food with good seasonal selections.

The full bar adjacent to dining room offers light food when restaurant is closed.

One caveat: not good on ADA (disabled) access issues. People using walkers or wheelchairs will struggle to get to boardwalk from dining room. Elevator from underground parking to dining room is no problem but once on the hotel grounds you encounter many steps and steep ramps.

2  Thank lsa2013