“Great Spot”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Scootsdale, United States
“Great Spot”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great location to La Jolla and easy access to the beach. Great place for couples, and families moving their kids into College. Great renovation to the rooms with great views. Thank you for the great weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you for your stellar review. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you loved our beautiful location nestled in the La Jolla hills on the legendary Torrey Pines Golf Course and adjacent to the Torrey Pines State Reserve. I am pleased to know that you were impressed with our brand new guest rooms as well as the amazing views. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here for one week on business. I would leave for work at 8am, and return to the hotel around 6pm. Thanks to jet lag, I was in bed by 8 or 9 most nights, so I didn't really have a chance to take advantage of the pool, or fitness room. The one thing I would have liked included with the room, would have been internet. The internet (both wired and wifi) was $15 every 24 hours. Some nights, I needed internet access in my room, and paying $15 for two hours of wifi is a total ripoff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines from 7/24 - 7/28. Well, we should have checked in on the 24th but despite my calling the hotel and giving them a "heads-up" that we would be checking in late, our room was gone when we finally arrived at the hotel. While that was certainly frustrating for us, the Hilton staff booked us at the near-by Sheraton for the night and did not charge us for the evening. Nice, but honestly it should be expected that the hotel make up for their mistake!

Aside from the first nights booking issue, we enjoyed our stay. Our king sized room was modern and clean. The bathroom was a good size and also very modern. The pool and gym areas were well maintained and never too busy, despite the fact that the hotel was overbooked.

The staff were very nice and did a good job of quickly cleaning our room. The same cant be said for the bar staff who were a bit rude when we ordered from the bar one evening.

Finally, the incidentals were somewhat expensive. The self-park was $25 a day and the Internet fee was $14.99 per day/per device. I travel quite a bit for both personal and professional reasons and these charges seemed high to me. Especially when you consider how they add up over a 4 day visit.

That said, our stay was generally enjoyable and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the La Jolla area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful and thorough review and for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to San Diego. I am sincerely sorry about the mishap on the first day of your stay and that you were inconvenienced, but I am happy to learn that the team took care of you for the first night of your visit. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your spacious and brand new guest room and that you were impressed with the amenities we offer our guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your recommendation to our future guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Service was friendly and location is nice, close to Torrey Pines golf. Hotel rooms are only like an average hotel, not worth the price. I booked this hotel so that we could book golf at Torrey Pines, but found their fee too high. I called and reserved my own tee times directly and got a better price and time. We would not choose too stay here again

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am pleased to learn that you received friendly and efficient service throughout your stay and that you enjoyed our serene and relaxing location overlooking the Torrey Pines Golf Course and the Pacific Ocean. I am sincerely sorry that there were some aspects of your stay that you would have liked to be different but I do hope that you reconsider and choose to stay with us again for a future visit.
Houston, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Pretty hotel is a nice place to stay an in a great location. If you are a Golfer this spot is for you but missing small amenities that should be free. Pay for access WiFi, parking was an additional 20 dollars a night and no microwaves in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Jont H
Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I was there on a business conference trip. The room was large, the beds were comfortable, but the hotel felt a little old in the hallways. Noise from hallways were pretty loud. There wasn't enough area to accommodate people for meals for convention so I had room service most days which ended up being much easier than dealing with long lines and less than appealing food choices. (this could have been the fault of poor planning on the event directors and not the hotel) I did expect the hotel to be a little more high end, but it was a business trip, so I could overlook. I would not plan a vacation there unless I was there to golf. Beautiful views of the ocean and sunset from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 23 July 2013

For such a beautiful hotel, well kept, the dining experiece was the worst I have ever seen. Friends drove down from Los Angeles to enjoy a nice quiet experience looking over the ocean. Little did I know that the hotel allows kids to run through the restaurant yelling at each other and yelling from the staircase. I should have picked up with my guests and left because it got worse. NOT a great $300 experience.

Room Tip: Management told me they like to cater to families when asking them about this scene in the restauran...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel as well as our beautiful grounds and location. I am sincerely sorry to hear that your dining experience was not what you were hoping for and that you were disturbed during your dinner. I want to let you know that we don’t want any of our guests to be inconvenienced at any time and I am very sorry that your evening was not the relaxing one you were hoping for. I will be sure to relay your feedback to my team for review and consideration. I do hope that this one experience does not keep you from coming back to visit us in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you.