Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,652 results
All reviewsgolf coursetorrey pinesfront deskself parkingplay golfthe pacific oceansan diegobusiness tripbeautiful hotelper dayfitness centeran upgradegrounds are beautifulshort drivefire pitconferencegolfers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

the staff was friendly but just "average", they didn't seem to want to go out of their way to deliver a high level of service. When i asked the front desk why they charged $16 a day for "nothing special" AT&T wifi(who's phone support was not too helpful-consistent with the venue, i suppose), she said that it was because they were a Hilton Hotel- the real reason they charge, is unlike the way they make their Franchisee's offer it for free, they rake in the dough for greedy corporate!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! choose another venue!
1  Thank DoctorDubious
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your candid review. I am sincerely sorry to hear that you didn’t receive quite the level of service that you were hoping for and that you were displeased with the wifi charges. I want to assure you that our team does do their best to deliver the friendliest and most efficient service to every guest at all times. Also, for future reference, we do offer complimentary wifi in all of our hotel common areas if that would better suit your needs. Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you return for a visit on your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend in May, 2013 for a conference he was attending. Hotel has an overall odd layout, but property is well maintained. The room was clean. Appeared a little "out-dated" but all in good repair. One restaurant and one bar. Food was overpriced, but it is California. The club house for the golf course is a two minute walk. The nature reserve, which I HIGHLY recommend, is a 5 minute walk from front lobby. Front desk staff very helpful and informative. My biggest negative about this property is that is not within walking distance of the downtown area. If this is where you want to be, this is not the property for you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Located in a beautiful area, great views, nice pool and outside lounge areas. Meeting space was very nice, though the power run to each ballroom was lacking. The banquet food was acceptable, but the hotel restaurant was not consistent at all. Had a lunch I wouldn't share with my dog, but then had a dinner (yes we gave it another try) that was really good. We were there for a week and ate at the hotel a lot. If there were more choices within walking distance, we wouldn't have eaten at the hotel at all.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our future guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed with the beautiful and serene location of the hotel as well as our comfortable and relaxing outdoor areas. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food that you received throughout your meetings, but sorry to hear that you were a little disappointed with the meals that you had while dining in Torreyana. I sincerely apologize for the lack of consistency you experienced and I will be sure to relay your feedback to our culinary team for review. Thank you and we do hope to see you again on a future visit to San Diego.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

In attending a conference at the Hilton, we were impressed with the condition of the property, the options for outside seating in private or semi-private places, the views, the proximity to national park walking paths, and the incredibly attentive staff. From the valet who greets you at the door to the housekeeping staff, every person is clearly aware that the guest is the priority and purpose for their work. I had left an item in a conference room, and I sent a query to the hotel as a last resort thinking that the item was long gone. The hotel staff had not only located the items, but were holding it while waiting for a query from a conference attendee. Honesty, integrity, courtesy and professionalism. More than is typically expected, but all of it greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: I believe that every room has a view of the ocean from the balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review. I am ecstatic to hear how much you loved your stay and the hotel and that you felt very comfortable and well taken care of throughout your visit. I am pleased to know that you appreciated the convenient location, friendly service, and relaxing environment we provide our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our future guests and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to San Diego.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the facility. Meals were tasty. Room was comfortable. Parking was convenient, as was checking in and out. Nearby walking path was a great workout. Ocean views were breathtaking. Location was convenient. Took the free parking option when the room was booked.

Room Tip: We were by the elevator and the ice machine, yet our room was really quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were thoroughly impressed with many aspects of the hotel including our brand new guest rooms and the beautiful views of the Torrey Pines Golf Course and Pacific Ocean. I am happy to know that you appreciated our convenient location and that you were able to take advantage of the walking and hiking trails and the adjacent Torrey Pines State Reserve. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.