“Enjoyed my stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
youngtown, United States
“Enjoyed my stay!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. Even though I was there for business I was able to relax and enjoy my self. The hotel looked really nice from the outside and inside. rooms were great and the business event that I attend was great (ballroom and outside reception). The staff was great and friendly!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We are happy you were able to relax during your business trip with us. Come back for a vacation and enjoy everything La Jolla has to offer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The reception was warm and efficient, I was in my room quickly. The bathroom is very clean and modern, I especially like the drain less shower. Bed and linens very comfy too. Pool is nice. Fitness equipment average. Meeting rooms great. Bar downstairs elegant and great atmosphere at night.

Room Tip: View of the ocean
Green Features: Never saw a recycle bin, but left my old magazines in a separate pile when I checked out
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay! Great to hear you were pleased with your guest room and our staff. Please come visit us again when you are in La Jolla. :)
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The property is beautiful, there is no doubt about that! The room is comfortable, spacious and clean. The staff is friendly and courteous, and the hotel has an overall feeling that is relaxing and comforting. I felt like I was on vacation right when I entered into the property.

There was an incident where I had called for some amenities to be delivered to my room late at night, I guess the front desk was tired because he repeatedly asked me for my room number and I repeatedly told him what it was. I then waited for about 30 minutes for the delivery and I called back and he told me that I had given him the wrong room and that the guest in that room was woken up so he waited for me to call back. Perhaps he heard wrong or I said it incorrectly? Either way, I have stayed at a lot of hotels all over the world and most of them have a system where they know the room number, and in many cases know my name know when I call. (To prevent from room pranks from kids) I strongly suggest that Hilton implement this system.

One con:

1. Parking fee is ridiculously high. I find it strange to even have to pay for parking when I am already paying for the room. Also the spaces are way, way too small.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
We are happy you found our hotel beautiful and comfortable. We will share your feedback with our staff to help make necessary improvements. Thank you!
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The employees at this property are obviously very well trained in hospitality. I would expect nothing less, but in my experience here the employees went above and beyond. I had asked for no service in my room and when I walked out to go to a conference the housekeeping manager was a couple of doors down and asked if I was sure I didn't need anything. I stated "well maybe a couple of packs of coffee". She literally jumped down the hall to get them from a maid cart and brought the coffee and condiments back to my room. The nightly bar staff is incredible (especially the lovely Mandy- terrific personality), Ty and Jennifer- really made me feel like part of the family. Days like this make me wish I was still a Hilton employee.

Room Tip: I had a King room on the corner of the building and although the view wasn't outstanding, I had...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
We appreciate your fabulous review! We will share with our staff and we look forward to welcoming back again soon!
Los Angeles, California, USA
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was disappointed with hotel staff reaction to a number of issues and lack of genuine customer care! I don't want to bore peopel with details but as a 6 or 7 year HHonors (Hilton reward program) member, I was not happy how they hadel issues that should have never happened to begine with. The room was okay, except for the scarcity of accessible plugs in the room. The only one that meant to be used by guests was by the desk and did not work. Bathtub bottom was stained. The balcony sliding door was missing the secondary lock that other balcony door had (room being on the ground floor and accessible from the yard), and it was very dirty and hard to open and close. All these minor issues with the room aside, the main problem was lack of customer service training to respond genuinely to the guest legitimate needs and concerns, especially when hotel staff mishandle things.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the area offering a better value than this hotel.
4 Thank aabi_13
We apologize for the poor level of service and amenities you received while staying at our hotel. We understand your frustrations and we will be addressing the issues you had with our staff. We hope the next time you are in the area you would consider staying with us again.
Plano, TX, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Having traveled extensively, it is great to land at a hotel that is as excellent as this Hilton property. The only downside was no time for golf this trip. However, I still enjoyed beautiful views of the course. I would definitely stay here again...only bring the clubs!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
What a wonderful review! Thank you for sharing! Please let us know the next time you will be visiting and we will make your golf reservations for you. See you next time!
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The Hilton at Torrey Pines was an enjoyable experience from the moment of arrival. The obvious sense of humor of the Valet staff upon watching me enter the premises through the exit was a great intro. I truly laughed every day I was there. The beauty of the grounds, the eagerness of the staff to make everything "just right" and the casual, yet elegant, atmosphere ensured a memorable three day stay. I would highly recommend this property to anyone considering a stay in southern California. Truly an incomparable property and staff!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! We will share your review with our staff and we hope to see you again soon!