“BEST SAN DIEGO GET AWAY”

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
GreenLeadersSilver level
Anaheim Hills, United States
“BEST SAN DIEGO GET AWAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Beautiful hotel with gorgeous views are just a drive away from the OC. We like to skip airline trips as much as we can and for a quick getaway we recommend this hotel in La Jolla! So beautiful and such nice Ocean Views. Can't beat the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines! The Staff is EXCELLENT and they would do whatever you need to make sure your stay is relaxing and luxurious. We go every year! Highly Recommend!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Samira M, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful 5 star review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our hotel, amenities and staff. We look forward to your next getaway with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I recently stayed here for a wedding. Given the Hilton name and the fame of the hotel, I was happy to spring for a room even though I live locally. BIG mistake!

I was in the wedding party, so when I booked months early I requested early check-in, so I could help the bride dress. (Their check-in is 4pm and the wedding began an hour earlier.) I was told it was very possible and to simply call back the week of the wedding. I called back the week of and the staff all but told me off for daring to ask such a thing (!), but then said to call the day of - I noticed this call back would happen conveniently for them, right after their cancellation policy.

I called the day of and was told rooms were available but were being given out to whoever was showing up and they would not hold a room for me.

Check-in involved 10 minutes of standing in line for the single on-duty desk agent and being completely ignored, not even a courtesy "be right with you". At no point in this experience did I feel like a guest; the hotel was acting like they were doing us a favor by letting us stay.

Room was reasonably sized and bathroom was modern. Hallway stunk so much coming out of the elevator on the 2nd floor. that it became an ongoing joke.

Despite the fact that the hotel was fully booked, it felt completely deserted - ghost town. Few staff to be seen anywhere.

Ultimately, we couldn't wait to get out of there. As a frequent traveler and someone who often hosts visiting business colleagues, I would never stay there again and don't feel comfortable recommending this location. A frustrating stay start to finish. When I realized they don't send a customer satisfaction survey, I realized why ;)

Room Tip: Choose the one not in this hotel ;)
2 Thank wonderlilly
Samira M, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We try to accommodate early check-in requests as much as we can depending on when rooms become available. We hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may have the opportunity to make it right.
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was a delightful stay. The room was beautifully appointed. The service was helpful. The concierge provided useful information. We ate most of our meals in the hotel and were served several times by Mandy who was very attentive to us and we were usually a large party. The food was unusually good for a hotel. The tuna and sea bass were particular favorites of our group.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Samira M, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your 5 star review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff helped make your stay memorable. See you next time. :)
Old Bridge, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Parking and WiFi should not be at extra cost. Other than that, we had a great 3 day stay and should come back to San Diego, will choose this place again. Hotel staff is extremely knowledgeable, accommodating and helpful. Rooms are beautifully appointed. Great views, location and the pool

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and enjoyed our guest rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just spent 3 nights here on a business trip. The hotel is in a nice location although it is somewhat isolated and if you want to go into La Jolla for dinner the traffic can be very bad. There are some positives. The hotel has a Starbucks in the lobby but the woman working there was pretty rude on both mornings that I went there. The gym is OK. The front desk staff was very nice and friendly but because I was early they charged me $26 extra for early checkin even though the room was available. That seemed a bit cheezy to me.
The room itself was old, the bed was uncomfortable. The furniture had clearly seen better days. Water pressure in the shower was poor.
It was fairly quiet but my room overlooked an area that was near the golf course and I was woken by grass cutting early in the morning.
Overall I'd say this place was just OK- nothing special and there are much better choices in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank bccrab
Samira M, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback. Your comments will help us make it right moving forward. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a really great facility with amazing staff members. We were made to feel so welcome by everyone we came in contact with. The property is very nice, clean and offers wonderful views. The pool is great and offers a nice alternative to visiting the beach. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated with a great bathroom.

The only downside I can think of is no service by the pool. It was kind of a bummer to walk up stairs and into the restaurant to get a drink. Regardless, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

1 Thank Mike R
Samira M, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay with us! We are happy you found our hotel comfortable and our staff helpful. We look forward to your next visit!
Vallejo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I won a free stay at my employee party. The hotel is beauitful and staff pleasant. A special shout out to my bellman (I'm sorry I forgot his name) - he managed to get me a discount on parking. He also recommended "Jake's" for lunch - DELICIOUS FOOD AND VIEW!! The only thing that I thought was odd for this hotel was the "business center" area. It's literllly in the middle of the lounge seating near the coffee area - no enclousure and only 2 computers. I felt a bit rushed when I would see another guest waiting to use the computers. Other then that...........the views are awesome and I would recommend this to anyone staying in the San Diego area.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Samira M, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are happy you enjoyed our food, service and views from our hotel. See you next time!