After much debate and research on where to spend our San Diego vacation labor day week, we settled on the pantai inn. I had some trouble at first determining if this was the right call for the following reasons. For anyone not sure if this is the right place to stay, let me answer the questions I had about this place:
1. Location: this was my biggest concern. Not being at all familiar with the area, I wasn't sure that I would really get the 'vacation vibe' without staying somewhere like the Hotel Del Coronado. Turns out I was way wrong.
After staying here, I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else on the California coast, much less anywhere else in San Diego. What's really weird to me is that it seems they're UNDERSELLING the location. You're steps from several small beaches where you can get in the water or put down a towel and tan. Or watch seals and seagulls play. Or watch the waves crash against the cliffs. Or sit in the park and watch the sun set or have a picnic (this ended up being our favorite part of the trip). Walk along the coast and watch the sun set or walk up the street to dozens of dining options of all varieties, from smash burger and Jose's Mexican to high end eateries. You'll never have a shortage of things to do without ever getting in a car.
2. Service: it's an inn - how does it compare to a chain hotel? Again, this trip makes me want to never stay at a chain hotel on vacation again (and I travel a good deal). Every single person here has been unbelievably nice. The groundskeeper, the people at the desk, the housekeepers... Unbelievable. Everyone seems genuinely happy and they really seem to care about how to make the experience as good as possible. I've never experienced service like this.
I also need to mention that the housekeepers do an excellent job. Totally above and beyond, and they should be recognized for their hard work.
3. The property and amenities: again, it's hard to explain in words how nice this place is. As I type this I'm looking out the window of our suite at the waves of the pacific while the huge LED HDTV is on mute and the gas fireplace is going. Came here with my wife and it's been the most romantic setting we've ever experienced... It even beats our honeymoon in the virgin islands in a rented villa overlooking the Caribbean and the islands. The property is so beautiful that I've seen several people every day stop and take pictures in front of the water features - and I'm not watching for it.
There are high end blankets and beach towels in the suite. There are towels galore, and they're replaced twice(!) daily during turndown and daily housekeeping services. We get fruit infused water each evening and sometimes coffee in the lobby. The outside courtyard are overlooks the ocean and has comfortable furniture.
I almost hate to say this, but I'm surprised the Pantai isn't charging twice as much as they are. This place is outstanding. If you're unsure about staying here, put your doubts to rest. It doesn't get any better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exceptional boutique hotel masterfully blends Bali's old-world charm, kingly comforts, and cutting-edge technologies. Reminiscent of the tranquil retreats of the Indonesian island, Pantai Inn offers the essence of Bali with richly appointed suites and ocean views. No two rooms are alike, each decorated with custom furnishings, art, wood and stone carvings, all hand-chosen and imported from Bali. Most notably, Pantai Inn exudes the purest form of luxury. This paradise is your gateway to experience Bali's most revered traits...the highest standards of genuine, friendly and welcoming hospitality service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pantai Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.