“they put fries in their burritos”

Don Carlos Taco Shop
Ranked #79 of 1,234 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 July 2012

need i say more? THEY PUT FRIES IN THEIR BURRITOS. absolutely genius.

if you have a smallish appetite, you probably could split a burrito with someone, they are pretty huge.

1  Thank wunderlast

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We loved Don Carlos Taco Shop! They have excellent prices for huge servings. He even has a secret menu you can ask for. We had their nachos, which was mixed with french fries-amazing! Ryan, the owner, was so friendly. We were impressed by how delicious the food was and even more so by the low prices! This is a great spot to eat lunch before heading to La Jolla Cove!

1  Thank Laurelsan
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I am normally a burrito or taco guy, but this place has the most amazing tamales. Don't get me wrong, the tacos and burritos are great, so are the nachos, but you have to try the tamales.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband and I love this place. We are "locals" so we go all the time and it's always good. It's authentic and the burritos are two meals (at least) for me and even my husband thinks they are huge. He's a fan of the carnitas and I love the veggie burrito. Fish tacos/burritos are also wonderful and they are known for their tamales. Go back often... The owner, Ryan, is so friendly and so supportive of the local schools and sports teams.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Ridiculously cheap Cali-Mex food. It's not gourmet but it's delicious!