“what's not to love?!”

Ranked #1 of 78 things to do in La Jolla
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: San Diego's most desirable spot for swimming, diving and snorkeling. The water is calm and the cove is ecologically protected. There is also a world famous dive site that is located in the La Jolla ecological preserve.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Walking you come across so many wonderful views, the water, the seals- people painting along the water. I especially loved the cleanliness of this area. I cannot wait to go back!! Definitely bring your camera if you are visiting, you'll be sad if you forget it!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Really fun to visit the seals. I understand there is local controversy as they have taken over the cove which was built as a swimming hole for children, but they are fun to watch!

1  Thank mskrisanda
Reviewed 19 July 2014

You have to spend some time just looking at the wonderful vistas......Really a truly beautiful spot and well worth the effort of trying to find a parking spot!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I drove to La Jolla from San Diego for the day. It was stunning. I easily found my way down the big hill to the cove. The entire area around the cove is welcoming and beautiful. There were kid summer camps going on and all kinds of people, locals and tourists walking around. I found a great restaurant halfway up the hill called CODY's. It had a great atmosphere and view as well as fantastic food! I had the crab cake benedict. OH MY! This is a great day trip.

2  Thank Laura S
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Recommended to us we eat at the Brockton Villa Restaurant which is famous for it's breakfasts but we had a great lunch.