“delicious food”

Ranked #158 of 1,231 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: The first restaurant was opened in 1983 in San Diego by Ralph Rubio and his father, Ray, who started the fish taco phenomenon that spread across the nation. Today, Rubio’s menu has grown from The Original Fish Taco® to include additional chef-crafted seafood recipes that feature shrimp, wild salmon and ono. In addition to sustainable seafood, Rubio’s offers chargrilled chicken and steak, fresh made guacamole and salsas and sauces that are prepared daily.
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is a great place to grab a quick bite. The food is fresh and not too heavy. I would definitely recommend this and return next time I'm in La Jolla.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I love the food at Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill on Fay in La Jolla, CA. I especially like the Fish Tacos Especiale with guacamole and sour cream, rice and beans. This restaurant offers a salsa bar of different flavors and hotness, so the tacos are never bland.That's really all I buy there, so I don't know about their other dishes.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

yummy and reasonable, great place for the whole family after a busy soccer match. Kids love the burritos.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Something happened to Rubios over the last couple of years and me and my friends all remark how the quality has just deteriorated over the last couple of years. It used to be great but I think the chain just grew too much. The only really good thing about this place is the lines are super short since not many people go there anymore.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

My husband and I were eager for some fish tacos. Rubio's looked like the right place. Wrong, if you are looking for authentic fish tacos that do not all have the same flavor. Both the corn and flour tortillas were bland. while the price is reasonable, Rubio's will not quench the cravings for a great taco