Estancia was a great escape from the hustle of San Diego yet was so accessible to I-5 to head south to the city or north to Carlsbad. Or, it was perfectly fine to stay in La Jolla. The property is beautiful, with relaxing gardens featuring many cacti and succulents. Green space abounds. The spa is small but charming and the services were good. I didn't like the "Shall I add 20% gratuity to your bill?" leading question upon my checkout from spa. A bit pushy. And, the self park option was not evident, thus forcing me to valet park (for additional $). I did raise this issue and they removed the valet charge but still parked the car for me. Nicely handled but still left me wondering "where is the self-park?" Lots of families were present (small children) which the many grassy greens were nice for little legs to run. There are lots of quiet private common areas as well. All in all, I give this an A.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla