We started off on the wrong foot - we checked in at mid-night and caught the hotel at an off moment. The front desk fellow had clearly just woken up and was not particularly pleasant. Worse than that, as soon as he gave us our keys, he disappeared and there was no one to help with our bags. So we found a luggage cart and wheeled our many bags through the deserted resort by ourselves. The room itself was fine - nothing special, nothing surprising, but nice. Fast forward to the next morning - when we were startled awake by the sweet sounds of a groundskeeper whacking/trimming/hedging/who knows what with power tools outside our window. This went on from 8-9:30AM without a break. It happened the next morning as well. AWFUL. What else: the pool does not have an espresso machine, so we were told to order our morning cappuccinos from room service if we wanted them by the pool. The pool people literally pointed to a phone on the other side of the pool area and said "If you want something, go use that phone." 30 minutes and $17 later (!!!) we were served two bitter, lukewarm cappuccinos. Oh - and there are no sea views. You are a stone's throw from beautiful coastline, but not way to see it from the property. As others have mentioned, the balcony is a tiny sliver, with only one chair. Not very appealing. But, the grounds are beautiful, the mission style very attractive. And individual folks were largely pleasant, if sort of confused by their own policies (why is valet parking $25, while park yourself is $20; why do you have to reserve and pay for certain lounge chairs at the pool when the pool is empty, etc.). We were disappointed, but nothing a new approach to service can't fix!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla