We stayed at the Estancia in late July after going back and forth on whether to stay in Coronado or La Jolla. The great deal offered through the website with a Costco membership is what convinced us.
We ended up loving the location. With the amazing weather (cool mornings around 68-70 degrees, partly sunny), we loved jogging/walking the local roads and trails to the cliffs and beach each morning. It was a fantastic way to start the day. Torrey Pines Reserve was very close as was Blacks Beach (within 0.25-0.5 miles). A drive to Coronado for the amazing beaches only ended up taking 20 minutes and was well worth it, too.
The rooms were very clean and had everything we needed. Breakfast was included every morning with the Costco rate. This was appreciated with the resort fees and valet fee. Valet was always very quick, asked if we needed directions, waters, etc.
Overall, the feel of this resort was intimate and special. We plan on staying again next summer. The only thing we regret is not planning enough time before dinner to check out the wine bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla