“Best Hotel Ever”

GreenLeadersGold level
Manhattan, Kansas, Usa
“Best Hotel Ever”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Estancia in March for 3 nights. We cannot say enough good things about this hotel. First, the staff is the best we have ever encountered at any hotel. They were there for us. The valets and bell staff made us feel like part of the the Estancia family. The grounds are gorgeous and the room beautiful and clean. Our dog felt well taken care of too. Unfortunately, we did not eat meals here because we were taken care of by family in La Jolla but it looked good. We cannot say enough good things about our stay.

Room Tip: I think they are probably all good. We had an Estate Room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol A
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Carol A- First and foremost, welcome to our Estancia family! Thank you very much for such a wonderful review and sharing your thoughts of your recent stay. We are so proud of our team and that they provided you with warm, exceptional service. Please allow us to welcome you again very soon!

Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is a very well located hotel for anyone visiting the greater San Diego area. We flew into LAX and drove to La Jolla. The fact that it's just north of the city made it very practical.

The rooms (we took two) are very beautiful, comfortable and clean. The showers had perfect pressure and a nice view overlooking the pool.

The common areas, such as around the pool and the various corridors where not as clean as our rooms (trays would spend the day in front of a room) but overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

It's a big property that manages to appear smaller then it is. The staff was nice, especially Cory at the wine bar where we had a lot of fun.

The difference between this hotel and a five star property is in the very small details, such as asking for turn-down service, receiving it the first night but not the other following nights or that fact that there is no night light in the bathroom, which means that you have to open the full light at 2 am should you need to go.

Small details but...

In parting, note that it's very popular with weddings. You've been warned; ask for a room far from the reception hall.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear lcf2001- I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Your mention of our locale and proximity to Los Angeles is wonderful. We are indeed centrally located to many popular Southern California cities, I appreciate your feedback to this regard. Thank you for your kind words and I will certainly share your feedback with Cory and the team. I have also taken note of your specific concerns. We do indeed offer full turn-down service each evening available upon request. Thank you again.

Irvine, California
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at Estancia with my family over a recent weekend and was continually impressed with both the property and employees who truly made our stay a most memorable experience.
The valets / bell staff were polite and attentive to us upon arrival and made sure we were comfortable and aware of every available amenity.
The restaurant staff could not have been more pleasant (with each meal and different staff members) and as we have a 1 yr old daughter she was made to feel most welcome wherever we went on property.
We will certainly return in the near future and look forward to again walking the beautiful and peaceful grounds.
Thanks Again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear DJW9821- Thank you for not only choosing our hotel for your recent visit with your family, but also your 5-star review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and allowing other travelers to hear about your stay. I speak for the entire team at Estancia in that we want all of our guest, both adults and children, to feel a sense of warmth and welcome when staying with us. I am so happy to hear your family felt this. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Napa, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Thank you for spoiling me Estancia team!
I felt welcomed, relaxed and taken care of from the moment I arrived to the moment I left.
My airy and clean room overlooked the luscious garden, the food at Mustang was simply delicious (those chips and salsa/guacamole to dye for) and the spa was a little paradise in itself.
Wish I could have stayed longer and can't wait to return!
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: I loved the main floor, parallel to the resort frotn desk, with a balcony overlooking the inner lusc...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear nyc-vitti- Thank YOU for allowing us to spoil you! We strive to provide our guests with outstanding experiences and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. You mentioned some great points and it is wonderful to read your excitement!

SoCal
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful property. The grounds are nice to walk around, and it is a secluded, quiet resort. We came for a romantic weekend, and it was just what we needed. The couples bungalow at the spa was a great experience. There are several areas around the resort to sit outside and some areas with fireplaces for when it is chilly. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. However, we encountered several issues during our stay. First, if you are sensitive to noise, request a room on the top floor - we had a family with children above us and it was quite loud. We upgraded our room to the veranda - this a complete waste of money. We had one chair on a small concrete pad, butted up against a muddy slope. Also, the rooms with balconies include only one chair and are quite small. Overall the staff is friendly, but we called twice to get a bottle opener for the free bottle of wine and it never arrived. We had to also call twice for firmer pillows and once they finally arrived they were no firmer than we already had. The beds were comfortable, but we both awoke to terribly sore backs.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank familyof4SoCal
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear familyof4SoCal- Although I am pleased you enjoyed the majority of your time with us, I am sorry to hear you had some concerns. I am very sorry to read that you affected by noisy neighbors upstairs. Although we rarely receive this complaint, I know how undermining it can be to the overall guest experience. I feel confident that this was an isolated incident, and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

I appreciate all of your feedback and will work to address the details with my team.

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. When we arrived I was a little disappointed because it has that pueblo look and I am used to big, glass and modern. However, I could not have been more pleased with everything about this resort. The rooms were well appointed and came with nice soft towels, bathrobes and a bottle of wine! Of course, we expected to get a bill for the wine so we didn't drink it and ended up leaving it in the room because it was 8 am on departure day before we realized it was complimentary! So be sure and drink your wine. We ate on property both nights and the food was outstanding. I am a chef and a particular foodie so that is saying a lot.

While we did not have time to properly explore all of the grounds we did take the time to admire all of the flowers and amazing succulent plants around the hotel. The staff could not have been more courteous and greeted us with a glass of champagne!

We will return to spend more time in the near future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear LillyShip- I sincerely appreciate your 5-star review and taking the time to share your thoughts. I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay. Your feedback was very valuable and we are honored, as you being a chef, you found our food outstanding! Please come back and visit us again soon so you have a chance to explore the rest of our hotel.

La Jolla, California
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The personal were great as well as the restaurants,finding our room priceless. A little bit of a maze but a beautiful property. The pool area is nicely located but the spa needs a good scrub..... The sunday morning buffet was lovely with something for everyone. I definitely would return but be aware of extra expenses such as hospitality fee,valet parking, etc. Not for the New England thrifty.

1 Thank jhaley_13
GuestRelations M, Owner at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for all of your thoughts and taking the time to review the many aspects of our hotel. We sincerely thank you choosing Estancia La Jolla and hope to welcome you back again soon.