I found a wonderful deal for the Estancia on-line and was excited to be so close to La Jolla where my fiancé grew up. The plusses- beautiful, well kept grounds, polite staff (very friendly bartenders at pool), and a decent room (no more or less than one would expect).
Downside-as one reviewer mentioned the parking is valet only. In order to get around this I parked on the street but worried every day if I'd have a spot when I returned as street parking was very limited. Also, the spa fee is not needed. I used the spa and it was pleasant but overpriced. I've had better facials (with extraction) for 1/2 the price.
The real DOWNER-I contracted a staph infection from the hot tub. I had never had staph and was shocked to have a horrible outbreak-especially on my face. Now, if it wasn't the hot tub which my doctor back home concluded then it was the facial at the spa. Either way, it turned me off going back.
Note: if you want to visit Black's Beach then this resort has the best location. I'd simply say, think twice as you may want to spend your $ somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla