Overall the stay and the staff were great. Valet, desk, and room service were top-notch. (1 clerk needed a new attitude, but he was on night shift, so no big deal.) Grounds are lovely and there are plenty of courtyards and other areas to enjoy. Pool and jacuzzi w/ wait service (and drinks!) can't be beat! Rooms were comfortable and super-clean - although the a/c wasn't working well in my 1st or 2nd room. (3rd time was a charm.) Cell reception was terrible b/c the building is layered concrete and stucco. I booked via Expedia and received a great deal on the room (3 nights) and my flight. I upgraded for a balcony (for $15-20) and had to upgrade again upon arrival (another $20) to get a room with a view other than asphalt. I definitely recommend the upgrade if you are on a leisure trip. Otherwise, don't even upgrade for a balcony. :) I had some issues during the stay and discovered an error in my bill upon my return home. All issues were resolved promptly and professionally. I would stay there again, but will likely try their sister property in Del Mar (L'Auberge?) the next time as there are supposed to be ocean views from parts of the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla