“Estancia is a gem of a place to experience.”

Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
GreenLeadersGold level
Arlington, Virginia
“Estancia is a gem of a place to experience.”
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I'm not usually inclined to write a review, but in this instance feel compelled to write one as a compliment to those who created Estancia, and especially to those who work there. My wife and I spent 3 nights at Estancia over the Christmas Holidays. Upon entering the grounds we were immediately taken by the elegant and understated landscaping. Although small, the different court yards offer many areas of private and serene places to savor the plantings and enjoy the environment. The staff was most attentive to our every need. The food was excellent and the service professional and friendly. If you're looking for an elegant place to spend a quiet retreat after going to the beach areas of La Jolla and Del Mar, this is the place for you.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
San Deigo
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I have been to the spa many times and have enjoyed it every time. This past weekend we hosted our Holiday Party for work in the La Jolla Ballroom. A+++ service, food, and ammenities. I would reccomend staying here, hosting an event here and spend a day at the spa to ANYONE! You can't get better in San Diego.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
ottawa
Reviewed 7 December 2009

My friend and I spent our last afternoon in La Jolla at the Estancia spa before departing for the airport and it was a great way to end a 6-day stay in La Jolla for New Years. The massage was great and we took advantage of access to the outdoor pool. There was a nice outdoor fireplace to sit at as well as a quiet relaxation room with various teas to help yourself to.

Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
Tulare
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We completely loved this place. The rooms were large enough and the beds were very very comfortable. We spent two nights here with our fourteen year old daughter. She fell in love with this place and declared to us that when she married, this would be the location for her special event.
Even though we did not have time to have a meal here, we could smell the delicious food that was being prepared for others. When we would come back to the hotel in the evening, we saw many couples and other guests enjoying the bar area and some attending a wedding. The only negative was that we were unaware of the mandatory valet service which came out to about 25.00 dollars a night. I would still recommmend though.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank yflor77
Camas
Reviewed 12 November 2009

Thank you to everyone at Estancia from the Hotel to the Spa.

I have never met such nicer people then at this location, everyone was helpful and very pleasant.

I travel alot for business and I was just returning from Florida and my stay at Estancia was great, after such a long trip and being gone for 4 days already, I just wanted somewhere comfortable, clean, nice and they met way above my expectations.

I arrived at 9:00pm, Valet and front desk were great! Checked me in quick, walked me to my room and Don even went to get a bucket of ice for me and I did not even ask him. :)

There was no one knocking on my door first thing in the morning to clean my room, the room was very clean and comfortable and I felt like I was at home.

The spa is wonderful!!! To the moment I walked into the spa from when I left, everyone was just amazing! You can feel the great energy in this spa. The staff and spa director Holly are the best! I recommend the kaplanMD facial it is great!

I will definatley stay at Estancia again and visit the Hotel and the SPA, make sure to go to the spa, you will love it!

Thank you very much for the great experience and I look forward to my next visit and stay at Estancia and the Spa.

R.J
Camas, WA

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Ronda71
Texas
Reviewed 8 November 2009

Seeing as my life is dedicated to business and how things are ran I would not recommend this hotel unless you are looking for an uncomfortable experience from the staff. I called several hours before my arrival to let the staff know that I would be arriving before check in time to see if they could accommodate me with an early check in, I spoke with a young lady I believe her name was Amanda, and after being read the rule book on terms of the hotel she agreed to give me an early check in. I arrived at 9:30 a.m and had to meet on the other side of town by 11:30 a.m with a client. Keep in mind I had to shower after a 9 hour flight eat and unpack, and find a driver then try to make it on time. When I arrived to the hotel I was told by another staff member that I was not allowed to check in early, that nothing was available. I told them I spoke with Amanda earlier in the day and told them the situation, they said there was no sign of her promising me an early check in. So I asked to speak to Amanda and after many phone calls flew around the front desk I was told she was too busy she couldn't speak with me. I was now left with the bathroom of all places to get ready, I was humiliated by this young lady and because of her lack of responsibility to the guests I will never stay at the Estancia. I understand when rooms are not available but when I call hours in advance and am promised I would have a room to get myself ready for a huge day ahead of me, I expect that when I arrive. I have passed this on to my colleagues and friends and family and they have all agreed to not stay at the Estancia when we travel to San Diego. I should have booked another room in another hotel.

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
9 Thank LovingObama
Los Angeles
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I stayed in a deluxe room for one night, while on a quick business trip. The room itself was nice enough, although the armoire that had the TV had some chipped paint, and the steel shelves under the vanity were looking a little tarnished. Bed was very comfortable, and the location was quiet, which is a big issue for me, being the world's worst sleeper. Didn't use the restaurants but I did use the fitness center in the spa, which was small but the equipment at least was in good shape, with Cardio TV on the treadmills, etc. Pool area is beautiful but small; would hate to see what it looks like with the hotel is sold out. Staff was pleasant and efficient. I'd stay at Estancia again, if the rate is right.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business