We spent a night at the Estancia La Jolla Hotel.
At our arrival time 4pm, the room was not yet ready and we had to wait without any offer for another room, an upgrade or at least something to drink.
The room was clean with a nice view into the garden area.
But the minibar was empty and not even a bottle of water was awaiting thirsty guests. The whole hotel building is a maze without any proper designation.
At the reception when checking out and asking why the minibar was empty and no drinking water was provided, the staff member responded very impolite that guests would need to ask for (although we were not informed so when we checked in) and she did not provide the first hint of a friendly advance.
The whole experience at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa was a huge disappointment and once again showed nicely that more expensive hotels with seemingly more stars (4) not per se provide a higher quality stay. The next night at the Holiday Inn in Mission Bay, a 3 star hotel, did not just provide a much bigger room for less money, but bottles of water and even a snack.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa