“Meh” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cusp

Cusp
Reserve with OpenTable
Cusp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,238 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Torrey Pines
Description: Dining at Cusp is a treat for your senses. Enjoy coastal Mediterranean fare with an emphasis on fresh seafood like grilled salmon crusted in Moroccan spices or albacore roasted to perfection. Rustic flatbreads from our pizza oven and savory sides compliment our fresh pastas and entrées. Try our ocean-fresh ceviche or raw bar while sipping a cocktail made with our housemade infused spirits and fresh juices. Savor Chef Ingrid's flavorful dishes, chat with friends, and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Pacific from our 11th floor dining room. Not just for special occasions (but perfect for that, too), Cusp is your neighborhood spot. Stylish and relaxed, Cusp is the place to chill out with your friends while enjoying craft cocktails and creative cuisine-the stellar view is on the house. Daily Happy Hour from 4-7.
Denver, Colorado
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Lobster night was just average. Tail was good, claws were mush. The sevice at the bar was pretty good though.

Visited April 2014
Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hi Jake,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback after your dinner at Cusp. I'm you didn't enjoy your lobster as much as we would have like you to. Hopefully next time you are in town you'll come back to Cusp and explore the menu a little bit more.

Fullerton, California
“The greatest service and one of the best views in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

On the 11th floor of the Hotel La Jolla, the views are spectacular. But the restaurant doesn't try to get by with just nice vistas. Their food in delicious and they have an excellent chef. The menu is diverse and a little eclectic, but not so unusual that I (a rather picky eater) couldn't find something to order. I highly recommend the flatiron steak if you like beef. So tender and flavorful. The bed of grilled veggies on which it is served (fingerling potatoes and mushrooms) are a perfect compliment to the beef. I've also had a pasta called Bolognese Pappardelle - new to me! Loved it.
Then there's the service. Just the right amount of attention without hovering and friendliness without appearing phony.
If you're in La Jolla, you need to try this place. Make your reservations for sunset time!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Hi JoePedStale,
Thank you for the great review on TripAdvisor!! I'm so happy that you were able to find something on our menu that your truly enjoyed. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the chef along with the service staff.

Calgary
“Big breakfasts!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The food here was excellent but we found the oatmeal and granola menu items were massive! We ended up ordering only one for two of us to share and it was plenty. Great views from this 11th floor restaurant.

Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi Jacks1969,
Thank you for providing us with feedback. I will certainly let Chef know about your comments regarding the oatmeal and granola. Thank you again for joining us in Cusp.
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Amazing views, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I visited Cusp with my husband in March for dinner one evening while we were on vacation and it was excellent! The view alone is worth visiting this resturant. It's on the 13th floor of the Hotel La Jolla with a view of the city lights up on the hill and the ocean out in front. The food and service were both excellent!!! I had a pasta dish and my husband had the lamb burger, which was a suggestion from our waitress. He said the burger was great and my pasta was very yummy. I have heard they have great cocktails but I'm pregnant so I only got a non-alcholic drink which was great though. I would highly recommend this resturant and would love to go back sometime when in the area.

Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi Razorbackgirl17,
I'm glad you and your husband made it to Cusp during you trip to San Diego. Congratulations on the new addition to your family! I'm so happy that you two enjoyed you evening with us at Cusp and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Bartender EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Had the best experience on my recent visit to Hotel La Jolla! Bartender Chris Burkett made the most amazing and creative cocktails I have ever had! You must go to Cusp!

Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Hi Amy,
Best bartender Ever...we think so. We are very fortunate to have such a talented bar team. They are so creative and knowledgable that they can make an amazing drink to suit anyones palate. I will be sure to share your kind words with Chris. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.