“Cusp Rocks!”
Review of Cusp

Cusp
Reserve with OpenTable
Cusp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 1,231 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Torrey Pines
Description: Dining at Cusp is a treat for your senses. Enjoy coastal Mediterranean fare with an emphasis on fresh seafood like grilled salmon crusted in Moroccan spices or albacore roasted to perfection. Rustic flatbreads from our pizza oven and savory sides compliment our fresh pastas and entrées. Try our ocean-fresh ceviche or raw bar while sipping a cocktail made with our housemade infused spirits and fresh juices. Savor Chef Ingrid's flavorful dishes, chat with friends, and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Pacific from our 11th floor dining room. Not just for special occasions (but perfect for that, too), Cusp is your neighborhood spot. Stylish and relaxed, Cusp is the place to chill out with your friends while enjoying craft cocktails and creative cuisine-the stellar view is on the house. Daily Happy Hour from 4-7.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were totally impressed!
The appetizers, the view (we lucked out to be there at sunset) , the service, not to mention the meal it's self! All wonderful. I had a Gnocchi dish with shrimp that was out of this world!
The manager, Sean, and the server, Elizabeth (Lizzy), were the most friendly and hospitable staff at a hotel restaurant that I've ever met.
Great food , great drinks, and great service. That's why we dine out.
The pool bar on the ground floor has great after dinner drinks as well, along with a casual, comfortable atmosphere. We will be going back.
Thanks to Cusp

1  Thank timurfy
Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hi Timurfy,
Thank you for joining us for dinner. I will be sure to share your kind words along to Lizzy and Sean. We can't wait for you to come back.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Loved the vibe. Service excellent and the food was delicious. We ordered appetizers and came back at the end of the evening for wine and coffee drinks. Highly recommend for a girls night out!

Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello,
Thank you for joining us in Cusp for your ladies night out. I'm glad that you enjoyed the vibe, service and food. Hopefully we will see you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The view is lovely from this restaurant but when the curtains had to be shut to stop the sun from blinding some of the customers the dining room list all of its allure. You are quote a distance from the ocean so the view is long distance. The shrimp and yellowtail appetizers were amazing- the main entre sea bass and hangar steak not so great . The fish was dry and hangar steak nothing special. The service was pleasant.

Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hi Georgica,
Thank you for joining us for dinner while in La Jolla. It sounds like you had the toasted quiona dish to start with the yellow tail (one of my personal favaroites) this has become one of our signature dishes. I'm bummed that you didn't enjoy the sea bass as we tend to get a lot of raves about this dish. I appreciate the feedback about the fish and the steak I will share your comments with the chef to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was skeptical to eat at a hotel restaurant with great dining in LaJolla, just 5 minutes away... but the food and staff is excellent. The views are killer to, especially sunset dinners. The bar is great too.

Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Hi John,
Thanks for chosing to join us at Cusp! I'm glad that we did not disappoint. Yes there is great food in the village, but there is something great about being able to take the elevator home. Hopefully we will see you again next time you are in La Jolla.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

So far I've loved all that I've tasted here but I thought the portions were small. The quality of the food is excellent.
Totally cool place to hang with friends or business in the bar area up ontop of the hotel. They have another place to eat and drink when you first walk in in that is a little more casual. But I have always oped for the top of the hotel for the Veiw !

Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hi Gili,
It's hard not to head all the way up to the 11th floor for that amazing view. The sunsets have been fantastic lately. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts. I hope we become one of your go to spots with friends and business dinners.