“Oceanfront Restaurant”
Review of Cusp

Cusp
Reserve with OpenTable
Cusp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Torrey Pines
Description: Dining at Cusp is a treat for your senses. Enjoy coastal Mediterranean fare with an emphasis on fresh seafood like grilled salmon crusted in Moroccan spices or albacore roasted to perfection. Rustic flatbreads from our pizza oven and savory sides compliment our fresh pastas and entrées. Try our ocean-fresh ceviche or raw bar while sipping a cocktail made with our housemade infused spirits and fresh juices. Savor Chef Ingrid's flavorful dishes, chat with friends, and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Pacific from our 11th floor dining room. Not just for special occasions (but perfect for that, too), Cusp is your neighborhood spot. Stylish and relaxed, Cusp is the place to chill out with your friends while enjoying craft cocktails and creative cuisine-the stellar view is on the house. Daily Happy Hour from 4-7.
Tustin, California
“Oceanfront Restaurant”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We wanted to try a restaurant in La Jolla for breakfast with another couple & found this restaurant on a restaurant website. We were glad we did! This restaurant has very good vistas of the bay no matter where you're seated since the walls are entirely made of glass. The servers are eager to please & the restaurant is tastefully decorated. This restaurant is on a top floor of the Hotel La Jolla. We went for brunch that included Mimosas. The food is nicely presented with new twists on old favorites. Definitely a nice place to take visitors to the area or for a date night.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank LSolis2013
Hi Lsolis,
Thank you for joining us for brunch. I'm glad that you and your friends enjoyed some of chefs spin on classic brunch items. We hope to see you back again soon...maybe for dinner.

Trinidad and Tobago
“Cusp is at the "cusp" of the 11th floor, GREAT view, foood priced ok and tasteful, but no gourmet”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Clearly, you go upstairs, have a great time, enjoy a really great view, no words can capture what it is at sunset. They sell a great local SD Wheatbeer, a good selection, and unlike the Valet, which is priced insanely, the food goes at a fair level.

Enjoyed the place. Super nice service.

Visited July 2014
Hi FOL-1003,
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I'm happy that you enjoyed your experience at Cusp. It sounds like you might have been mischarged for valet...with restaurant validation it should have only been $3. If that's the case please let me know.
San Diego, California
“The view for a wonderful sunset or overseeing”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

la Jolla is pretty spectacular. The bar tender was super cool. The appetizers are small and expensive for what you get and limited but the cool ambiance and view is worth doing at least once.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank GirlGabe
Hi GirlGabe,
Thank you for joining us at Cusp and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your comments with the bartenders and the chef. We hope to see you again soon!
Bedford, NY
“Food, room and view -- ALL FABULOUS”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We are New Yorkers in week 3 of a tour of the California coast, and we have been privileged to dine in many wonderful restaurants here, but Cusp is the first I have taken the time to review. Cusp combines truly special, interesting, delicious food with a stunning lounge/bar/restaurant space (on the top floor of the Hotel La Jolla, La Jolla's Kimpton) and a priceless ocean view (unobstructed from all parts of the space -- no need to angle for a "good" table or booth). If I lived in this area, I would be a regular at Cusp.

To focus on the food: Wow! Even our jaded Manhattan palates thrilled to the amazing dinner we enjoyed last night. There are four in our travel party, and we all shared every dish equally, as is our practice in a restaurant new to us. I can honestly report that there is not one dish I sampled that I would not order again with happy anticipation.

A few special highlights: the super-fresh oysters; the heirloom tomato/burrata appetizer; all three of our a la carte side dishes (three for $15 -- and while I usually hate it when restaurants charge separately for side dishes, this was actually a great value, in my opinion -- especially given Cusp's portion sizes, which are quite generous for a restaurant of its type) (btw, our favorite side dishes: the Brussels sprouts with pancetta and the green gnocchi dish); the crisp-crusted halibut; the meltingly tender wine-braised short ribs; and the wonderfully moist chicken breast (boneless but with wonderfully crisped skin) stuffed with prosciutto and fontina. My only (very minor) quibble: the other wise delectable rolls (warm, aromatic and clearly freshly baked) were too salty for my palate.

Having over-indulged a bit on the savory dishes, I skipped dessert, but my husband (an international business traveler with a passion for good food) tells me that the chocolate caramel panna cotta was "world-class."

As for the service, it was prompt and attentive without being intrusive. We were especially impressed that the manager stepped in for our waiter for a time when the waiter was (understandably) monopolized by a large party.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Mergatroyde
Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello Megatroyde,
Thank you for joining us in Cusp for dinner! I'm so happy to hear that the four of you had such a great dinner. I like the "practice" you and your traveling companioins take when trying new restaurants. It really grants you the opportunity to experiece the flavors of a restaurant. Thank you again for joining us and taking the time to let us know your thoughts. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Try the ceasar salad the herb cheese polenta - not huge portions but delicious food. Also enjoyed the flatbread pizza. It's also possible to eat out by the pool and order from Cusp!

Visited July 2014
Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello MsKrisanda,
Thank you for joining us at Cusp and by the pool in Hiatus. Thank you for sharing the helpful tips about the ability to enjoy our full dinner menu pool side in our Hiatus bar. I'm glad you enjoyed the caesar, polenta and flatbreads. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback on trip advisor.