“SCENTSATIONAL !”

Tijon
Ranked #2 of 29 Shopping in La Jolla
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Catering to men, women and children (eight years of age and older), Tijon offers four Fragrance Creation Experiences. Tijon, with locations in St. Martin and La Jolla, is the ONLY fragrance laboratory in the world where one can participate in the creative and fun activity by putting on a lab coat and choosing from over 350 oils in order to design a custom fragrance. It may sound daunting to some, but the fragrance experts at Tijon make it easy! Everyone leaves with his or her own handcrafted fragrance and a Tijon gift bag filled with surprises. Tijon also has a boutique which carries more than 20 signature scents created by our founder, as well as body products, jewelry and unique gift items. Since opening in November 2012, Tijon La Jolla has consistently earned 5 star reviews from customers around the world.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just had the most SCENTSATIONAL experience at Tijon Perfume Lab! Not only do you get to have fun creating your own personal fragrance, but Tijon is an EDUCATIONAL experience as well. Putting on Lab coats and listening to the professional expertise of our instructor Ana, I felt as if I was going to be in for quite the education on perfume. WOW, it was AWESOME ! Choosing from over 300 fragrance oils and now having the knowledge of how to create the lower, middle and top notes of a perfume was exhilarting . Creating my own fragrance made me feel as if I was a scientist/perfumer. I was there with several friends for a birthday and it became one of the most interesting things we did all weekend. We couldn't stop talking about our new perfumes and lavishly wore them every day. Can't wait to go back to creat yet another fabulous and unique perfume !
THANKS TIJON FOR A MOST "SCENTSATIONAL" EXPERIENCE !

2  Thank Sandria57

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Talk about a SCENTSATIONAL way to spend an afternoon! The Tijon custom perfume creating experience is the gift that keeps on giving. You make your very own fragrance and then get to name it, describe it and then bottle it and take it home with you. Such a fun thing to be able to show off your VERY OWN custom fragrance. Do this with a friend or several. I have done it a couple of times now, once with my mom, and just last week with girlfriends. Perfect birthday party for those hard to buy for people. There was a couple in our class having so much fun too. Even though the location is in the very heart of La Jolla village Tijons back room is a little secret...now you're in the know! Have fun!

3  Thank Rachell H
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Living in La Jolla means you have a lot of visitors. There is obviously no shortage of amazing things to do in and around San Diego. Yet, I recently discovered a treat that is wildly unique; a visit to Tijon. From the moment you enter their beautiful boutique, you know you are in for something special.

This is an absolutely, over-the-top experience. Very few people have had the pleasure of not only crafting their own perfume, but also learning about the history of perfume and the fascinating science of scent. Here is something super cool ... you get to name your perfume! Once you've created your perfume, the instructors then label the bottle (a classy glass atomizer.) Great news ~ they will save your personal "formula" in their database so that you can order more anytime.

A visit to Tijon is a memorable, unique ~ basically WOW! experience. I love providing my guests with, quite possibly, the best souvenir possible. Every time they spritz their exquisite scent, they will remember their lovely visit to La Jolla!

Personally? I am addicted to my creation at Tijon. I own myriad perfumes, but the one I created at Tijon is my absolute favorite.

2  Thank Bonnie V
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently had the opportunity to share a Tijon perfume class at with my daughter.

Admittedly, I dislike perfume on me, as it gives me a headache. I've never found one that works. Our instructor expertly guided me through the experience of finding scents that I like and eventually I found the PERFECT notes which created my own special blend that works on my skin. And, they are scents I never would have chosen had they not been suggested. I love my fragrance, my husband loves my fragrance.
A trip to Tijon is perfect for a girls night out, date night, or a mother/daughter date.

Tijon also has cute gifts and scents in the front of their store. You can't go wrong here!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My mom visited me in San Diego, she has been many times before so I wanted to take her to try something new. We had a wonderful time making perfumes and spending some quality time together.