“Fantastic Italian - wonderful atmosphere”
Review of Bistro Pazzo

Bistro Pazzo
Ranked #74 of 1,231 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We have been to Bistro Pazzo a few times now, and it has become a regular when we visit San Diego. This is a lovely place just off the beaten path in La Jolla, which is wonderful because you don't have too many crowds to deal with. The food is amazing! We just went again in March 2014. I had the chicken picatta, and my son had lasagna. My other son had ravioli and my wife had salmon. All of these were wonderful! We also had the meatball appetizer which was equally fantastic. The chef/owner is very friendly and will often come out and visit with the customers. Service and atmosphere are wonderful- just a small place, but beautifully decorated. We intend to go to Bistro Pazzo every time we go to San Diego. I highly recommend it- definitely put it on your list when you go to the area!

1  Thank Dan S

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I love penne al arrabiata, not a menu item, but the owner Seto Marselian had it made for me. It was excellent. My partner had Rodfather's Meat-a-balls, huge beef meatballs with spaghetti marinara and liked it. So we had to go back and I had an excellent broiled salmon that came with just the right amount of green beans and carrots to compliment the fish while my partner had the rigatoni Salsiccie that featured tasty Italian sausage. We started with prosciutto e melone (prosciutto and cantaloupe) one night and barbabietola (beets with balsamic vinegar and walnuts) the other night, both wonderful. Each meal was preceded by excellent focaccia served with an abundance of pesto. So we spent two pleasant winter evenings, pretty much along with Seto, discussing food, basketball, and the weather, thinking we might be in a small restaurant in Cinque Terre. I suspect (and hope) that he is much busier at other times.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We were advised to go to this wonderful restaurant by a friend and had a wonderful meal and a fantastic glass of wine. The owner, Seto, is friendly and attentive. He is a really great guy! Our evening was delightful and we will go back often. The food I'd really good! even my hard to please husband loved it!

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on a cold rainy night and were welcomed by the owner with very personalized service and excellent food. The salads were fresh and flavorful and the pasta and seafood were also very good. I loved the fresh ciabatta bread and basil and oil dip. Strongly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

What a pleasant surprise. I've walked past this place a million times. Our neighbor Tony suggested that we eat there. Turns out the owner "Seto" and his chief cook left the famous La Jolla staple restaurant called Avanti and opened this cute little place around 5 years ago. Food, service and quality were good.
Bonus! Turns out that the night we went (Tuesday) was 1/2 price bottle of wine night, and the wine was very good.
Try it, you'll like it. It's a favorite of the locals.
Please leave a"comment" if you read this, I thank you.