“A Bit of the Lake District Comes to La Jolla”
Review of Bistro Pazzo

Bistro Pazzo
Ranked #78 of 1,242 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
La Jolla, California
“A Bit of the Lake District Comes to La Jolla”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Set on a side street less than a 5 minute walk to La Jolla Cove is this charming new venture. Breakfast and lunch are served, but the reason to put this on your must list is a lovely Afternoon Tea in traditional English style.

Visited May 2014

Olympia, Washington
“Excellent food and service.”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant's outdoor seating looked so inviting, we decided to try it even though there were no other diners. We ordered meals which included dessert, from the "sunset" menu available until 6:00 pm. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced. The service was attentive but not intrusive. By the time we left, several more people had come in. I think we were ahead of the crowd on a week night.

• Visited May 2014
Layton, Utah, United States
“Fantastic Italian - wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We have been to Bistro Pazzo a few times now, and it has become a regular when we visit San Diego. This is a lovely place just off the beaten path in La Jolla, which is wonderful because you don't have too many crowds to deal with. The food is amazing! We just went again in March 2014. I had the chicken picatta, and my son had lasagna. My other son had ravioli and my wife had salmon. All of these were wonderful! We also had the meatball appetizer which was equally fantastic. The chef/owner is very friendly and will often come out and visit with the customers. Service and atmosphere are wonderful- just a small place, but beautifully decorated. We intend to go to Bistro Pazzo every time we go to San Diego. I highly recommend it- definitely put it on your list when you go to the area!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dan S
Albuquerque
“Cozy Italian”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I love penne al arrabiata, not a menu item, but the owner Seto Marselian had it made for me. It was excellent. My partner had Rodfather's Meat-a-balls, huge beef meatballs with spaghetti marinara and liked it. So we had to go back and I had an excellent broiled salmon that came with just the right amount of green beans and carrots to compliment the fish while my partner had the rigatoni Salsiccie that featured tasty Italian sausage. We started with prosciutto e melone (prosciutto and cantaloupe) one night and barbabietola (beets with balsamic vinegar and walnuts) the other night, both wonderful. Each meal was preceded by excellent focaccia served with an abundance of pesto. So we spent two pleasant winter evenings, pretty much along with Seto, discussing food, basketball, and the weather, thinking we might be in a small restaurant in Cinque Terre. I suspect (and hope) that he is much busier at other times.

Visited January 2014
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Wonderful Neighborhood Italian Bistro”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We were advised to go to this wonderful restaurant by a friend and had a wonderful meal and a fantastic glass of wine. The owner, Seto, is friendly and attentive. He is a really great guy! Our evening was delightful and we will go back often. The food I'd really good! even my hard to please husband loved it!

• Visited December 2013