“Excellent in every way!”
Review of Cody's

Cody's
Ranked #9 of 1,235 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cody's La Jolla is a casual, all american seaside restaurant. Enjoy a fabulous brunch on our ocean view patio with friends while sipping one of our famous champagne spritzers. Known for our french toast, benedicts, lobster roll and fish and chips, Cody's has built a loyal following of locals and tourists alike. Visit us today to experience for yourself!
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great food overlooking the ocean on a charming patio. The service was friendly and the prices were reasonable. Try to get the corner table on the patio. It offers excellent vistas of the ocean!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Fantastic food, very fresh, good portions, and a super view. Can't ask for more than that! Their french toast is as great as they say, as are their pancakes. On another visit, I tried ceviche and a fantastic grilled chicken/bacon/pesto/avocado sandwich. Make this a destination.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We made the mistake of going here for breakfast on our first day in La Jolla. The only problem was that it was so good, it put the breakfasts we had elsewhere to shame so we ended up going back almost every day!

The portions were pretty big, which was great as they kept us going for a good few hours. The food itself was really tasty-after having the eggs benedict the first time, i found it really hard to try anything else because they tasted so good, but you couldn't really go wrong with anything on the menu as it was all delicious.

It was pretty busy most days, but the staff were very attentive and never seemed phased by it. We never had to ask for a top up, and were always given a choice of where we'd like to sit.

A quaint little place that had a real family run feel to it-definitely my favourite place for breakfast!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I decided on Cody's after walking past in once and then moving along around La Jolla to see if I could findi something better. There was nothing I could find with the atmosphere that Cody's has. It is quaint, welcoming and has a very good view of the Pacific. My server brought a cute bottle of water with glass (similar to what they do in Italy) and then the diet coke came in a mason jar with a big lemon wedge. I couldn't decide what to order, french toast, salad....I decided on crab cake benedict. It was amazing! The crab cakes alone were good but put it with the egg and avocado! WOW! The potatoes were okay, just not my thing. The rest of the meal was so filling that I didn't need potatoes. This is a great place to relax, have a great meal and watch the people of La Jolla and the water. I will go again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was our third vist to Cody's and it was as great as we remembered . We have a hard time
figuring out what to order because we love the Burger, Lobster Roll,French Toast,Calmari and
the Beet Salad. So we end up over ordering and end up with a mini Buffet. The View is wonderful
and has a cool Beach feel. The whole staff is always the same and the seem to remember you.
This is a must place to go while you are inLa jolla , We travel from Palm Springs just to go here !