“Short-staffed but received personal service”
Review of Forever Fondue - CLOSED

Forever Fondue
Price range: US$25 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Swiss, European
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Phoenix Arizona, USA
“Short-staffed but received personal service”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We didn't have reservations the first nite we tried to dine at this restaurant and the bartender/waitress said they were short-staffed so couldn't take anyone without a reservation. My husband made a reservation the next nite, and the same gal gave us personalized service. It was a wonderful experience and the food she recommended was very good. We will make sure to have reservations for the next time we are in LaJolla.

Visited September 2013

Golden, CO
“Forget the Melting Pot for sure!”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

What a delightfully wonderful and romantic place. We called ahead for reservations for early seating around 6:00ish. Which we really didn't need. The waitress said it gets slammed a littlelater. And it was basically filling up when we left. All of the wait staff was amazing. Teh food is to die for. We choose the I think it was cheddar with garlic and beer. Yum. But I knew from the start I should have gone with the white cheese with wine. But being a happily married couple I wa sup for letting my husband choose. The only problem was WAY to much food. Seriously. I wish we would have done the appitizer foundue with bread, veggies, and green apples. Then moved directly to the chocolate dessert fondue. To many delicious kinds of chcolate to name. But Big Daddy wanted the entree. Which we shared one order. Sp guess what? We absolutely couldn't have fit one more piece of food in our mouth. I think this actually will be on the top of our travels experiences. No other Fondue will ever stand up to this! It truly was a completely wonderful experience here!

Visited June 2013
San Diego, California, United States
“Not Impressed!”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Went here on a Restaurant.com coupon because I thought it would be a different experience. Was not that impressed. It was kinda boring for a Friday night. The staff was very nice. The food was just o.k. we chose to have the Chedder Cheese appitizer and it just tasted like melted cheese. Didn't want to stick to any of the dipping items and the bread chunks seemed to be on the stale side. I ordered a saled with dressing on the side and it arrived smothered in it. The took it back no problem and brought me another one. Then we had desert. This was the better part of the meal. Chocolate was very good. All in all I just wasn't that impressed with the overall experience or the food so I only gave Forever Fondue 3 Stars.

Visited May 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“Fun Food!”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Haven't had fondue since the 70's. this is a great place to try it again. We opted for the dinner for two - way too much food (don't need the salad because the main course comes with veggies to cook) but a great way to experience a lot of what they offer. We are not red meat eaters, but thoroughly enjoyed the tenderloin. We would opted for a cheese fondue and tenderloin and scallop and shrimp fondue next time. Someone here has mentioned the raspberry dressing on the salads. It's delicious in itself, but not great on veggies. We will go back!

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Awesome Fondue and Great Service”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We had a large party (10) and called a couple of hours ahead to reserve a table. We were seated right away on a Saturday at 6:15pm. The dinner took a little bit longer than normal but it's not due to slow service. You're cooking your own food. It's a dining experience so expect to stay longer than an hour. We took 2 hours to finish our 4 courses.

The 4 courses were salad, cheese fondue, meat selection, and dessert. The house salad is quite impressive. The candied walnuts and gorgonzola cheese was a nice addition.

Cheese fondue was outstanding. If you're a cheese lover, this is a must try. I sampled the cheddar - smoked gouda and the queso baja. The queso baja was more flavorful as it had heat from the jalapenos.

I wasn't too impressed with the way the meat was displayed/served. I selected the fondue fiesta. It didn't look like a lot of food to me but as I was eating it, it was more than enough food. It also helps that you're also eating slower, allowing you to get more full as you wait for your food to finish cooking.

The dessert was just as good as the cheese course. You have an option of milk, dark or white chocolate. We had half milk and half dark. Best suggestion ever. You get two flavors at the beginning and it just mixes together as you plow through the vat of chocolate. Yummy.

Prices are a little on the high side ($30-35pp) but it's nice to go once in awhile to get your cheese and chocolate fix.

Service was fanastic. Our waitress handled the large party without batting an eyelash.

• Visited February 2013