“Best Indian food in SD!!”
Review of Tandoori Chef

Tandoori Chef
Ranked #128 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Indian
Bengaluru, India
“Best Indian food in SD!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The restaurant is located in the heart of La Jolla. Walking from Windansea beach.

The Food.. The best Indian food I had in US. Typical Indian flavors, not event a hint that they were made in US. We had a lunch buffet. It included 4 vegetarian gravies, dal makhani, dal fry, biryani, chicken curry, naans, salads, indian starters (papad, pakoras), indian curry (gujarati kadhi) and a lot more to relish your taste buds to. The desserts were indian rice pudding and gulab jamun.

The food was fresh and amazingly tasty. The hostess was very welcoming and helpful. She ensured that we get freshly cooked naan and pakoras.

The ambience is simple and the setting is very warm and easy.

Overall it was a great experience to dine at Tandoori Chef.
The buffet was priced at $11 approx.

Will surely recommend to those who love typical indian food and curries.

• Visited February 2014

Peoria, Arizona
“Tasty Naan”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stopped in to get a few assorted naans to go with our dinner. They were tasty! A litte thinner than other naan I have had, kind of like a thick tortilla. Very good though.

Visited March 2014
Hyattsville, Maryland
“I want more!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Went there for the lunch buffet. We were the only ones there, so my fork was shaking.
Nice selection of vegetarian and meat choices.
Delicious! I went back for seconds. The mushroom dish was fabulous, but then everything was soooo good. Never had creamier kheeer! Yum.
Service very friendly. It wasn't like a buffet, but if was a buffet. The waiter took such good care of us. Even offered us more naan.
If I didn't live 3000 miles away, I'd go back tomorrow!

• Visited January 2014
La Jolla, California
“Delicious delicous delicous”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I got to say the 2 for 1 coupon is to tempting to pass up. Great flavors and variety of items, and the service was top notch. I hope they build a little more of a following, but its still new so it will happen with such great food.

Visited October 2013