“Excellent venue and very good food”
Review of Crab Catcher

Crab Catcher
Reserve with OpenTable
Crab Catcher is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,242 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cave St.
Transit: On Torrey Pines Road at Prospect Place, two blocks from the restaurant.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The food was very good, but the view in the outdoor eating was great. Cost a little high, expect about 30-50/person, but it's worth it.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

delicious crab. good service, would have preferred view over the ocean, the building is a bit dated...

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The view of the cove and ocean was great! My boyfriend and I went here for brunch on a Sunday so the menu was a little different from what we expected. Free champagne and rolls with brunch entrees! I had the halibut stuffed with crab-it was very good! I hadn't tried halibut before but it was better than I expected. My boyfriend had the la jolla eggs benedict that was on crab cakes and it was amazing! Service was also good.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I live in La Jolla and I eat at the Crab Catcher a few times a year for special occasions. You can not beat the crab here. If you go in October the crab will be the best as that's the red King crab season in Alaska but the crab here is always great. I mean I've never seen legs like they get. Awesome!
It is pricey. A 2lb dinner is gonna run about a hundred dollars but at lunch about 85. That is the most expensive item on the menu short of the surf and turf.

I return here over and over again simply because the Crab is the best in town and the view is A++. Attached photo of view from our table on Mothers day.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Wasn't even planning on eating by the beach until I saw this place and decided to give it a try. Best choice I've made on this vacation. The food was incredible. Service was fast and friendly. Definitely give this place a visit.