“Check for security” 4 of 5 bubbles

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Check for security”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a gorgeous building, an architecture landmark in San Diego. I love going here, but there have been several times when I've been here that the security has just been awful. I understand that the research needs to be kept safe and everything, but why have such a gorgeous building if you can't have any access for the general public? Make sure if you want to see this building that you make plans in advance.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank always_sunny_SD

• Korean first
Ridgewood, New Jersey
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Significant to a select population”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have visited multiple times over the last 25 years. Security has increased each time. Access is now limited, which was disappointing.

The trip is just to see the architecturally famous complex. If that is not of interest to you, or familiar to you, then you might not "get it".

2 Thank TravlinStacey
Auckland, New Zealand
203 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Incredible but boring”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I really did love it here, but there wasn't anything to do because walk around the buildings. I sat down and enjoyed the view for a while but then I left. I suppose if I had gone on a tour it may have been more interesting. I'm glad i stopped by to see the buildings but I couldn't imagine spending a lot of time here. I did try to enter a building but there wasn't anything but hallways and a woman who passed by made me feel like I wasn't meant to be in there so I left. Worth it for the interesting buildings and water feature, but don't expect anything other than that!

3 Thank kmerke
Toronto, Canada
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Not sure what the hype is”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I know it's a world famous research institute but my understanding was that the architecture of this building was famous - perhaps it is - but it just looks like a concrete communistic style building from eastern Europe - certainly not beautiful - or unique - if you've ever been to the former Soviet Union.

2 Thank Traveller1234321
san diego
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing place to visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Beautiful setting. Very interesting tours highlighting the great research done here and explaining the stunning architecture.

2 Thank 92008