“Revelation”

Ranked #13 of 76 things to do in La Jolla
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 7 August 2014

You need to go there well prepared otherwise you will miss significance of a place. Learn beforehand about Louis Kahn, see he place and revel in its magnificence

1  Thank rusty35

Reviewed 24 June 2014

a must-see for architecture buffs. Reserve early if you want a tour; each day is limited to 15 people.

1  Thank oldladyArizona
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a gorgeous building, an architecture landmark in San Diego. I love going here, but there have been several times when I've been here that the security has just been awful. I understand that the research needs to be kept safe and everything, but why have such a gorgeous building if you can't have any access for the general public? Make sure if you want to see this building that you make plans in advance.

1  Thank always_sunny_SD
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have visited multiple times over the last 25 years. Security has increased each time. Access is now limited, which was disappointing.

The trip is just to see the architecturally famous complex. If that is not of interest to you, or familiar to you, then you might not "get it".

2  Thank TravlinStacey
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I really did love it here, but there wasn't anything to do because walk around the buildings. I sat down and enjoyed the view for a while but then I left. I suppose if I had gone on a tour it may have been more interesting. I'm glad i stopped by to see the buildings but I couldn't imagine spending a lot of time here. I did try to enter a building but there wasn't anything but hallways and a woman who passed by made me feel like I wasn't meant to be in there so I left. Worth it for the interesting buildings and water feature, but don't expect anything other than that!

3  Thank Kristen M