“Excellent Of Course - It's Roy's!”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Nobel Drive (University Town Center's Costa Verde Shopping Center)
Transit: Bus stop within walking distance
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I eat at every Roy's that we can. The La Jolla store is excellent. Excellent service and food. My wife had probably the best Roasted Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi she has ever had. Since she does not eat shell fish, she always substitutes the Togarashi sauce in it's place. Of course, we ended the meal with the chocolate souffle....which is a must. I highly recommend Roy's for a great meal.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I tried them the first time during restaurant week and was not that impressed. The drinks were very good, but the meal was kind of eh. My mom and I decided to give it another go for dinner one night while we were looking for something a little different. We sat in the bar area and couldn't decide what to eat. We decided on the butterfish lettuce wraps, and our server said they were very good. Well sure enough... they were amazing!! These are the best lettuce wraps I've ever had and we ended up ordering two orders of them lol. We weren't sure what to expect but the lettuce wraps are a piece of miso fish on a small bed of noodles with vinaigrette. I would definitely go back!

1  Thank cdoyle8
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was an absolutely delicious meal. The food was top notch and the service and ambiance was excellent. I had shrimp salad and short ribs. The ribs were fork tender. I would definitely recommend an evening at Roy's.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

everyone here makes your dining a pleasure. Hostess, wait staff, cook and manager are there to make sure you have the most pleasant meal. My wife ordered the salmon and it was the best she has ever had. Cooked to perfection and they replaced the rice with more veggies also cooked to her satisfaction exactly. I had the braised short ribs. So tender you didn't need a knife. Mashed potatoes and asparagus with them, done to perfection. A very nice varied menu, choices for any palate. Good wine list too. Chocolate souffle for dessert is wonderful to share, you need to order it early as it is cooked to order. Our dinner with wine was $110. Worth every cent!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

exotic drinks, but food tastes were made using spices to accent the food, cooked to perfection, served hot, and as healthy as you want. great selection of raw and prepared fresh seafood available. free edamame when you sit down starts the process, but the fish I had was so tender and flavorful, that it will be missed back in Kansas city, where the fresh seafood is a bit harder to acqire

1  Thank hotelmavin