“Good steak, dark decor”
Review of The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla - CLOSED

The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla
Price range: US$40 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, View, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located on fashionable Prospect Street, tucked in alongside La Jolla's most exclusive shops, boutiques and galleries, The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla is La Jolla village's premier ocean-view steakhouse. The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla serves 100% USDA prime-aged steaks, chops, poultry and a variety of fresh seafood. Outdoors, a garden courtyard patio features starlight dining around a contemporary glass-encircled fire ring. A casual patio menu is available, with amazing Happy Hour specials offered daily. $7 drinks, $1 off all beers, and a variety of food items for $10 or less. Indoors, floor-to-ceiling windows shamelessly reveal why The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla was voted best in its class. An intimate private Wine Room is glass-surrounded, insuring unobstructed views of the Pacific Coastline.
Reviewed 17 October 2013

You feel like the rat pack might show up at any moment. Dark red decor and a little dated. The food is good and the service is excellent. We went for dinner but it was dark so we couldn't see anything. If you want good , quality steakhouse fare, this is the place.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Its been almost a year since my last visit...

$9 Steak N Frites...it used to be $7, damn you Inflation! Still a value though...
$7 Ahi Tuna Sammie & Fries...Happy Wife = Happy Life...but she didn't offer me a bite.
$5 Moscow Mule...YES! Made with Organic, Local, Grassfed, Cage-Free, freshly ground Mule meat,...JK!
$5 Mushroom Truffle Oil Flatbread...yummy!

The $10, 0 ounce Grass Fed Beef Burger...this thing is HUGE! Its thick, real thick! And comes with blue cheese, 2 thick bacon strips, veggies, and a generous side of fries INCLUDED. Afterwards I was in a food/protein coma ...I think I may have even had a small heart attack. I wouldn't say its the best burger in San Diego, but its pretty darn good. However, I wouldn't order it on a first date, or Afternoon Tea with the Queen of England, ...eating this epicly ginormous burger is messy! :D

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We randomly picked this restaurant after an amazing day of sightseeing in La Jolla and watching the sea lions swim just yards away from people frolicking in the water nearby. We were so happy with our choice in this restaurant. As a family with 3 kids ranging from 10-14, we are not always sure how receptive restaurants may be to having young diners. This place was wonderful and made us feel completely comfortable. The food was excellent for all 5 of us and although it was crowded with people waiting for tables, we did not feel rushed at all. This is definitely a place with nice ambience and delicious, perfectly cooked steaks. We would definitely go back

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is one of the nicest restaurants you will find with great waterfront reviews. You can spend a lot of money here, but you don't have to. There are a number of very affordable items....my wife and i ended up sharing a large salad and 16 oz ribeye. The staff handled splitting both and there was no extra charge...would love to return here if ever in La Jolla again.

1  Thank nhm4hm
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were 6 adults that were celebrating my wife's and my 49th wedding anniversary. We had a reservation for a waterfront table for 8:30 Saturday, August 10th. Our table was still occupied when we arrived so the restaurant gave us free appetizers at the bar while we were waiting.

I had the house special 24 oz. bone-in rib eye steak. It was one of the best I have ever eaten and we have eaten in many top steakhouses around the country. My wife had the filet mignon. The others had the organic chicken and scallops. Everybody was very happy with their meal. The service was very good. To our surprise they gave us a large free dessert plate with 3 different desserts on it and it said Happy 49th Anniversary. All in all it was a great experience.