“Local favorite”
Review of The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla - CLOSED

The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla
Price range: US$40 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located on fashionable Prospect Street, tucked in alongside La Jolla's most exclusive shops, boutiques and galleries, The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla is La Jolla village's premier ocean-view steakhouse. The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla serves 100% USDA prime-aged steaks, chops, poultry and a variety of fresh seafood. Outdoors, a garden courtyard patio features starlight dining around a contemporary glass-encircled fire ring. A casual patio menu is available, with amazing Happy Hour specials offered daily. $7 drinks, $1 off all beers, and a variety of food items for $10 or less. Indoors, floor-to-ceiling windows shamelessly reveal why The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla was voted best in its class. An intimate private Wine Room is glass-surrounded, insuring unobstructed views of the Pacific Coastline.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a local favorite for La Jollan's. Happy hour from 5P-7P most days provides great food, steak frites, California cuisine at remarkable prices. Staff is friendly and upbeat. Drinks are generous and perfectly prepared. Wonderful outdoor patio for more informal dining, main dining room with spectacular ocean view. Relaxing!

There are newer reviews for The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The view of the cove can't be beat from Azul. The food was excellent. Took advantage of an early diners 3 course meal which was a great value and delicious.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have high hopes of finding a great steak in La Jolla and this is not the steak spot, even though it's in the name. Don't get me wrong, the steak (we ordered the filet mignon) was good…but not great. I believe it was a good quality meat…it just wasn't prepared well. We had a discussion with the server about their cooking temps and I ordered my medium rare + as I didn't want it cooked as much as medium or as little as medium rare. It arrived medium + which was way too cooked for my liking. It says the meats are grilled and I guess a flat grill (like used in a fast food restaurant) is technically a grill…but that's not what I have in mind when I want a grilled steak. I can prepare it like that in a pan on my stove. The baked potato side was good, but I don't think you can go wrong with a baked potato unless you microwave it. We also ordered a side of asparagus and they were a bit tough on the ends, though not at the tips. We enjoyed fine company (but that had nothing to do with the restaurant) and a nice view (great location on the ocean) but won't likely return for the food.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

In San Diego for my nieces wedding and I made reservations here spur of the moment...GREAT CHOICE! Great food and service with a wonderful view of the Pacific! Will go back anytime I'm in LaJolla!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I tried the Wagyu 'Tomahawk' 30oz steak which we shared. Best steak ever following the nicest BLT salad I can remember.

Judy, our server, was excellent and guided us round the menu expertly, and we had a lovely seat at the window.

One of the most memorable meals we have had in the US.

1  Thank HabLeaf