“Excellent Beer and Good Food”
Review of La Jolla Brew House - CLOSED

La Jolla Brew House
Price range: US$8 - US$11
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent Beer and Good Food”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stopped here on a day trip to La Jolla back in August. I was actually just passing through town on my way to San Diego, but after driving around for a bit, I spotted this brew house and decided to stop. I'm glad I did because not only was I able to sample some great local beer, but I got to sink my teeth into some great pita bread and hummus. The beer really hit the spot on such a hot day, and I really like the variety that they had to offer. I would highly recommend stopping here for happy hour or late night munchies.

• Visited August 2011

MOUNT HOREB
“Brew Pub w/ good food & beer”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stopped here on a Thursday night to use a Groupon - very nice atmosphere in the brew pub and we enjoyed both the burgers and the beer. They had some good beer selections for a fairly small place. They also had quite a few tvs and seems like a good place to watch games.

They were very busy and service was a little slow, but they were friendly and we enjoyed it there. The manager stopped by to see how we were doing, so that was nice as well. If we were from the area, I could see this being a good place to hang out.

• Visited October 2011
Oceanside
“Loved the food ...but the service was slow!!”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We went to the brew house to use a Groupon I had purchased on-line. It was a small locals- type casual restaurant. I have been to several breweries before and was ready to experience a variety of fresh original beers. What I found was a very limited selection of everyone else's beers (Stone, etc), though not a bad substitute. We were very happy with their food, my daughter and I had the fish and chips and my wife had a burger. The portions were huge and tasty, the burger was thick and juicy, and the fish was done in a delicious batter and cooked to a crispy perfection. The only complaint I had, and it is a big one for me was the service, it was way slow. We were met by a nice waitress who seemed to be running the whole place; she was updating the menu board, serving beers, waiting tables and talking to the patrons. I saw four guys standing around behind the bar pouring beers for about 20 people..that’s 5 to 1..not heavy labor. There was a manager type, who was helping out, but the whole feel of the place was complacency, no one was in a hurry. The brew house should use that labor to get the beer and the food out to the diners. Probably won't go back...too bad, the food was good!!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank bikealotOceanside
San Diego, California
“ok food, bad service”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

we went here during the week. it was slow and they still managed to take forever and screw up our order. the burgers were mediocre at best and the sweet potato fries tasted like they had been sitting for hours. lousy wait staff, go elsewhere!

• Visited September 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good Place”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Decent food, decent atmosphere, good place for a game.