“Is this Italy?”

Ranked #1 of 51 Dessert in La Jolla
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Real Italian artisanal gelato made on premises by Italian gelato chefs, offering a selection of gluten free, dairy free and vegan flavors made with organic ingredients
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Gelato here was just like I had in Italy a few years ago. Its run by an Italian family that has great customer service. It has a perfect location at the top of the hill after walking up from the sunset. They were out of a few flavors but that shows its all hand made. The price is right for the serving and they have natural flavors for those who like them. Sit outside and enjoy the breeze to cool you off.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We cannot resist the cuteness of this place with an interesting name. After we got some samples outside from a very friendly server, we ordered a small bowl of sea salt caramel and stracciatella. Very smooth texture and delicate flavors.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

While walking back from La Jolla Cove, a cute server got us to try a free sample. The salted caramel and dark chocolate were both delicious.You can mix upto 3 flavours in a medium bowl.

A bit pricey but melt-in-your-mouth. I wish we had one in Phoenix!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I walked in here and tasted 2 gelato's. The first was the apple jack, which I must admit I did not like at all. Then I tasted the salted carmel which I much preferred. Ordered it up and was not disappointed. Recommend stopping in if you are nearby. I have not had natural gelato before but seemed like a nice concept.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stopped in after eating at the Korean restaurant upstairs. The gelato is made in house and is absolutely tasty! There are so many flavors to choose from. I would recommend getting at least two flavors as it is hard to pick just one! Nice outdoor dining overlooking Scripps park and the coast.

1  Thank Joeybob9