“This is a "must do" for both visitors and locals”

San Diego Seaplanes, Inc
Ranked #17 of 20 Tours in La Jolla
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was a birthday treat for my wife and I. We had a great time and taking off and landing on the water is a unique experience. Michael, our pilot (and the owner) was a great guy, knowledgeable about the plane and the area. We walked off the beach in Coronado right onto the plane. We flew around San Diego Bay and then up the coast to the north end of La Jolla.

I am a native San Diegan and this gave me a whole knew perspective on things I have been around most of my life. The view of the kelp forests from above was wonderful, almost surreal. When we saw some seals at sea near La Jolla, Michael circled around for a closer view - turns out there several dolphins jumping in the same area. Add this to close up views of the coast, Mission Bay, and San Diego Bay you cannot beat this experience. This would be a great introduction to the magic of San Diego for any visitor.

When the whale watching season starts up I will very likely take grandkids up for another flight to see the whales.

2  Thank Ray A