“Yummy - Peanut Oil used if you have allergies.”

Richard Walker's Pancake House
Ranked #15 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Richard Walker's Pancake House serves award-winning, breakfast and lunch cuisine including the world-famous Baked Apple Pancake as well as a variety of original-style pancakes, crepes, waffles, omelettes, egg dishes, sandwiches and desserts.
Denver, Colorado
“Yummy - Peanut Oil used if you have allergies.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We vacationed recently in LaJolla and our kids were thrilled to try this pancake house. We noticed right away on the menu a note that peanut oil is used in the pancakes, crepes, and waffles. Our son is highly allergic to peanuts, and we mentioned this our server - he could could not have been nicer and more accomodating, checking with the kitchen staff on the items that our son could have. It turns out that you could in fact order a pancake made without peanut oil, and add some fruit to it which was fine for our son. (although he was a bit disappointed in his limited options and envious of his sisters chocolate chip pancake)
The food and service were terrrific, but if you have a child with a peanut allergy make sure you set up the expectation for them of their limited options as to avoid disappointment. They also offered gluten free pancakes.

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Indianapolis
“Best breakfast in la jolla! Best bacon in town”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Went twice the week I was there! The other days we went to other restaurants but nothing compared to Richard walkers! They had the best thick sliced bacon - a must to have on the side with any meal! The French toast and crepes were both amazing! The apple pancake and the Dutch pancake were also so good but so filling!!! This place is a must for breakfast! Our service was also very great. Our coffee was filled all the time and everyone was very nice!

• Visited August 2014
Plano, Texas
“Still the Best Breakfast in Town!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've been to Walker Bros, in a couple of states and they never fail to please the taste buds at a very fair price. Everyone I have taken here loves it and cannot stop talking about the flavor of the food.

Visited August 2013
None
“Loud, Did I say Loud and mediocre pancakes”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We are local and went there the other day for breakfast. There was a line to get a table, as I expected. But what I didn't expect was how loud the restaurant was. An ear splitting sounds of clinking dishes and peoples voices. It didn't help the table next to us was extra loud but even without them it was way above average.

The pancakes my family had were good not great. The ones I had were bad. I got the buckwheat pancakes and they just downright tasted bad. I will take the ones my wife makes every day over these.

• Visited July 2014
La Jolla, California
“Remarkable breakfast in the La Jolla Village”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I walked to Richard Walker's Pancake House in La Jolla for an early morning breakfast on Sunday. When we walked into the restaurant we were immediately greeted and seated in a booth. The booth was spacious and offered a view of the lovely stained glass that decorates this restaurant. Our server and the staff were very friendly and attentive. We felt like valued customers. The food was very good, especially my Santa Fe omelette. The list of pancakes is as extensive as the old International House of Pancakes from the 1960's. Ours were delicious. The bathroom was very clean - the mark of an excellent restaurant in my opinion.

• Visited July 2014