“Good flavor bad service!!!”

Richard Walker's Pancake House
Ranked #20 of 1,244 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Since 1948, the Walker family name has become synonymous with quality family dining. The family has since perfected its reputation for outstanding gourmet pancakes and breakfasts. We offer a large variety of gourmet breakfast and lunch items, including pancakes, crepes, waffles, omelettes, Belgian waffles, and more! Richard Walker’s starts with the finest blend of whole Prime Roasted Coffee beans sourced from Central America with all its sealed-in flavor intact. Then, we ground just enough for each pot of coffee – one pot at a time. That rich, full-bodied flavor and aroma is retained in the freshly ground coffee itself. From there, it’s only a matter of a minute from the whole bean to a cup of the best coffee you have ever tasted.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My first approach with this Restaurant was in the place located in downtown, there the service and food are spectacular but I cannot say the same of the one located in La Jolla, service is incredible bad and the difference of flavors between branches is huge, disappointing visit, I do not recommend the place, go to the downtown branch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Loved the experience at this pancake house. I’d recommend going during the work week if you’re in a hurry. Sunday brunch has people out the door. There are no reservations or call ahead seating (unless you’re a large group). The servers are quick and accommodating. The portions are huge and delicious. The two by four with upgraded banana pancakes was phenomenal. You’ll be in banana wonderland if you clear your plate. Thanks for the wonderful experience!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

During our trip to San Diego, it was recommended by a friend to check out Richard Walker's Pancake House for breakfast.

We arrived at around 8:30am on a Wednesday, which at the time it wasn't too busy. They have a pretty large menu, with a variety of options.

I ordered the chocolate explosion crepe. While it probably wasn't the healthiest option, it was delicious and I would definitely order it again! And the bacon was also very good!

Our waitress was very friendly and helpful.

It is about a 7 minute walk to La Jolla Cove, which was very convenient.

It was a great experience and I would eat here again.

I would have given a 5 star rating, however, their menu is restricting to people with a nut allergy. Several of their menu items use peanut oil, including the pancakes and crepes. My boyfriend has a nut allergy, so unfortunately he was not able to eat any pancakes. They did offer to make his pancakes using the gluten-free, nut-free version, but there was an additional cost. Seeing as his allergy isn't something he can control or chose to have, I disagree with the nut-free version costing extra. Hopefully, in the future they can find an alternative with no extra fees.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Good food, but it's hard to screw up breakfast. Avocado toast was enough for 3 people and very tasty. Service was snappy. But the best part was the coffee. I'm a Starbucks snob, and I'd go back here just for the coffee.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We ate breakfast here twice. The first was just four of us, the second time was a large group that kept getting bigger. The service was efficient. There is pretty much something for everyone, but be careful-the portions are HUGE.