La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$224
  • Breakfast included
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$198
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$226
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$231
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$389
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$243
Hotels.com
US$450
US$441
  • Pool
La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$314
Travelocity
  • Pool
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$140
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$187
1,094 results
All reviewsla jolla coverooftop breakfastsea lionsview from the balconyone bedroom suiteocean frontfull kitchenscripps parkcomplimentary breakfastan older hotelmain buildingpool and hot tubcan't beat the locationamazing locationwatch the sunsetbit datedyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My daughter and I stayed here to recover after her ankle operation at Scripps. The location can't be beat! She had a wonderful view of the ocean from her bed for three days and I was close to food, drug store and shoreline running. People touring La Jolla should be happy as well, as you can walk the village and shore. Amenities were great- breakfast, free internet, kitchenette, free coffee tea, fruit and cookies most all day, easy parking. However, you may be bothered by noise- the hallways echo so we got loud kids in the morning waiting for the elevator (which is the fault of parents not the hotel) and through the balcony side, got partier/TV noise at night. If you are fussy about decor you won't be happy as bathroom is outdated. But it was totally functional and fine for our purpose.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an ocean view balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth B
Bianca H, Assistant Guest Services Manager at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Elizabeth,

I am so pleased to hear that La Jolla Cove Suites was able to offer your daughter a beautiful view while she recovered from her ankle operation. I hope that she is doing well! Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, and we hope to see you and your daughter again soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2013

I can't believe this place, they have surprise charges for "rules" violated?!?! The hotel is crap, it's like your stuck in a bad 50s hotel. No guest services, bad communication dirty, dirty dirty, worst experience ever.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Dancernyc

Yes, unfortunately on rare occasions it does happen that we assess a fee for smoking in a room or for having an unauthorized party in a room. We put these policies in place to protect our guest’s quiet enjoyment and safety. I would like the opportunity to hear from you regarding the particulars of your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at bhazel@lajollacove.com.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

We booked an ocean view suite. I must say that the location can't be beat, however, this place is old and outdated. Our suite had a room that was attached to another room. We could hear every word of the couple next to us even though they spoke in a normal volume. Their tv sounded like it was in our room. Also, the power went out numerous times so the heater in our room wouldn't work and it was freezing. I think it was colder in our than outside where it was 50 degrees. Although the hotel staff was somewhat nice, there's not that much they can do since the hotel is incredible outdated and in much need of a complete renovation. Our weekend away was much needed and I am sad to day we wasted our money on this hotel. I rather have stayed further from the beach and gotten a decent night sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank Amadealeighdd
Bianca H, Assistant Guest Services Manage at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

It was disheartening to hear about the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us. On behalf of everyone here at La Jolla Cove Suites, I would like to sincerely apologize that your stay was not as you expected.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

My husband I took our Daughter to La Jolla so that we could visit family - I chose La Jolla Cove Suites due to the cost. We are so happy that we booked this hotel. There was pleanty of room, the kitchen was perfect for our small family, and the location can't be beat. We had the ocean view one bedroom suite. My husband slept on the pull out bed in the livingroom, my daughter and I in the bedroom. It was awesome to go to sleep and wake listening to the waves. Breakfast was very good for a continental breakfast, the pool area was clean and we were comfortable swimming even though it was only 60 degrees out. The walk way from the hotel to Prospect St was awesome - it made it easier to get to the main drag. Some say the seals stink - but no matter where you go in La Jolla you risk smelling the seals. Some said the parking was too expensive - but everything in La Jolla is expensive, I feel that it was a price worth paying to have the freedom to come and go as we please. The coolest part of our whole trip were watching the whales from our balcony. I highly recommend this hotel. We had a great time in La Jolla!

Room Tip: I recommend an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily W
Bianca H, Assistant Guest Services Manager at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Emily,

I am very pleased to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful stay here at La Jolla Cove Suites. There is nothing better than falling asleep to the soothing sound of the ocean waves and what a treat that you were able to catch sight of the migrating whales! Thank you for staying with us, we cannot wait to welcome you back here at the Cove!

Reviewed 1 February 2013

La Jolla is the gem of the San Diego area. If you have time, please spend some leisurely hours enjoying all the wonderful community has to offer. If you are looking for a somewhat reasonably priced hotel and your plans require a seaside accomodation and walking distance to downtown galleries, restaurants, and intriging shops, this hotel is the place to consider.
Positive ammenities: 1.) located directly across the street from the ocean and a lovely grassy park. Short walking distance along the ocean front walks to Children's Beach, the beautiful beach that many locals have brought their children for beach-side picnics and swimming for many years. Currently political conundrum with the seals vs the beach goers, but certainly everyone enjoys this beautiful location. 2.the hotel is a short uphill walk from downtown, 3.) the hotel also has a separate pool area and a wonderful roof top area for breakfasts with the best view in town. The breakfast is pretty standard fare, but certainly adequate for a start to your day.4. a good bed is a strong requirement for me and I was glad to learn that all rooms have had bed upgrades down recently. We found our comfortable and on the firmer rather than softer side.
Downsides: 1.) unfortunately, the abundant sea lions and harbor seals and the plethoria of cormorants, pellicans, and seagulls have created an "odiforous boquet", not entirely unpleasant. 2.) the hotel appears to be a 1950's era property and is kept up quite nicely. If you are a Hilton or Marriott customer, the room amenities will be dissapointing as a full upgrade of bathroom fixtures, etc. could really help here as well as higher quality of room furniture. All the suites have a nice coffee maker, small refrigerator, and microwave.
The room you must reserve is an ocean front view. I got a good rate on Book IT.com; don't pay full rack rate here...there are many ways you can get a discount on this property.
Tip: If you want their best remodeled room, they have one bedroom suites that are called their deluxe rooms. Whjile I didn't see one of these rooms, I was told they are fully refurbished; I was offered one of these for $60 more per night but declined. If you are going to spend a lot of time in your room this is the way to go, but really, you want to stay here because of the view and the location.
You will find the staff here very pleasant and very helpful. You can find other ocean side properties here in La Jolla that have superior amenities but this hotel is a good blend of price and value.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ScodemacVacaville
ljcskmv, Guest Relations Manager at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Thank you for your kind and very thorough review of our hotel. We are so pleased that you were able to enjoy the full spectrum of delights that La Jolla has to offer. Thank you for choosing La Jolla Cove Suites and we hope to see you again very soon!

Kimburley VanHaaster