“Great business hotel”

San Diego Marriott La Jolla
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I travel to LaJolla quite often on business and stay in a variety of different hotels, depending on what hotel points I need. The Marriott is by far the most convenient but also one of the more expensive. It's worth it in my opinion though. The hotel was just renovated and is much improved. The rooms are spacious and quiet, the lobby/bar/restaurant area is very open and modern, and the food (I ordered room service for breakfast and had lunch in the restaurant) is excellent!
Definitely will stay here again.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Hotel is top notch! Very clean great service. The service in the concierge lounge rivals high end restaurants. This is my 6th trip here in 4 months and I will come back every time. While I would prefer to be home this is a good replacement.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Just wanted to comment on the impeccable service provided by Bilal and Amelia in the concierge lounge. They made our stay with our family very positive, especially when we ate breakfast in the concierge lunge. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chad K
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The hotel is expensive. However, I found the staff very friendly and helpful. In particular, Mr. Bilal who was serving at the restaurant took good care of me. I am a strict vegetarian. Mr. Bilal and another lady staff took every care to ensure that my dietary needs are not compromised.

The room was clean and I got good sleep. I work late night shifts and sleep during the day. One of the days they were testing the fire alarm system due to which I could not sleep. Otherwise, my stay was good.

1  Thank Muralidhary
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The customer service at this hotel beats all others, hands down. Theresa Vroom was not only helpful in checking us in but made us feel like family! In the VIP lounge, Amanda, Bilac, and Amelia Quintero could not have been more accommodating. Each one deserves a special recognition for being so pleasant and certainly taking the extra step to ensure that we had an extremely pleasant stay. Thank you all so much!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank elwalton
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The La Jolla Marriott is an outstanding venue for a personal getaway or a corporate event. The property is pristine, the rooms are modern, the staff is superb, the food is excellent. I was impressed from the moment I drove up and was greeted by valet staff professional, JOSEPH...It just so happened I had to return to the hotel a couple weeks later and when I drove up, there was Joseph greeting me "How nice to see you again"....I really felt special and believe the La Jolla Marriott goes the extra mile in everything they do and every service they provide. K. Orr

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kathryn O
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I'm a platinum marriott rewards member for a reason. Marriott's just know how to take care of their guests. I often stay at the LaJolla Marriott in San Diego and I have to point out that Amelia and Bilal take incredible pride and care in the concierage services. They are warm and welcoming and make my stays there enjoyable. Kudos to them and Marriott!

Room Tip: Simply ask. If a great room is available, they will put you in it. Or call ahead if needed.