“Thanks! Great Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Seattle, Washington
“Thanks! Great Hotel”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay; I stay here frequently. The rooms are clean and the staff accommodating. The food is on the high end of hotel food, so ok. I would especially like to mention Amelia and Bilal in the concierge lounge. They did an excellent job taking care of me and others while keeping the place immaculate.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room; I usually stay in a room with a king bed away from the elevators and ic...
Green Features: Typical Marriott; you can go as green as you want. Not a big deal to me, but I typically reuse towels and treat the place like my home.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 January 2014

great location, close to many shops, eats and convenient location to attractions and businesses. i had an issue with the shower, within 5 minutes after calling, the service engineering was at my door and took care of the issue right away. alfredo was very friendly and communicated what he was going to do and resolved it quickly. within 5 minutes of alfredo leaving, i received a follow up phone call from the front desk asking if my issues were resolved and if i needed any further assistance.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed for one week at Marriott La Jolla and I was impressed by the guys from the breakfast, Amelia and Bilal. They always very polite and ready to help, without receiving any tips.
The location is fine and the rooms are very clean.

Redmond, WA
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed at this Marriot for four nights while visiting San Diego and had a great experience. We were visiting the theme parks but I wanted to stay in a nice and quiet neighborhood and chose La Jolla. I am a Marriott gold member but upon check-in was told the lounge was closed for the holiday break, and since I booked a room package that covered breakfast and parking, I was given $20 voucher per night, slightly disappointed but oh well I could understand they were on a reduced staff for the Christmas week. The room was clean, modern and large, WiFi was reliable and fast, the food at the breakfast buffet was very good, staff was very friendly, there was also an omelet station on weekends. We tried the lobby restaurant for dinner on one night (well, I guess I had to put the $80 food vouchers to good use), the seating was a bit odd, but the food was surprisingly good (and so was the beer on tap), the best way that I could describe it was fancy pub food but my wife and my daughter both liked their dinner entries. The parking at the hotel is $20 a day, however there is ton of free street parking right outside the hotel, if I didn’t get a room package, I would have parked the rental car outside and saved the parking fee.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Comins, Michigan
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I stay 100+ nights on the road annually, this would be a top 3 hotel in US. I am loyal Marriott business traveler and this one really impressed me. Staff was excellent from check in to check out. Location is desirable and close to major freeways. Property was in top notch condition.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I purchased a Groupon for a 2 night stay at this Marriott in San Diego La Jolla and my husband had a great experience. The staff was friendly, the hotel was beautiful and in a great location. We wanted to say a special thanks to Liz in the breakfast restaurant at the hotel for giving us travel tips since we are not from San Diego and she came to say hi to us the 2nd day we saw her in the restaurant. Very pleasant staff! We will definitely be back :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I travel over 200 days a year and my company's hotel preference is marriott. not by my choice. I have stayed at high end hotels such as 4 seasons and mandarin orientals I have to say that I have received that kind of service by a front desk employee for the very first time. Wes went above and beyond for me. For example he found my marriott rewards number with out me having to dig thru my computer bag. Being in a hurry this was a huge plus. He was very knowledgeable of the surrounding area with a great restaurant recommendations. He even gave me a couple of disc cards to the restaurant he recommended. It wasn't the money I saved but the exceptional service it represents.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business