“Awesome service”

San Diego Marriott La Jolla
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Was at the San Diego Marriot in UTC/La Jolla last week and had one of the best experiences ever. Elisha was one of the best servers in the lobby resturant that we have ever had at a business hotel !! Courteous, prompt and did it all with a smile.

Awesome service !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Beautiful facility. Friendly staff. Nice location. Clean rooms. I was really looking forward to staying here and it is every bit as nice as it looks online. We quickly became disappointed with small details which added up. First, there were pieces of glass near the pool and my son cut his foot on the glass last night. Second, the pool area is very poorly lit and the pool itself is dark. Last, our side of the hotel faces a very noisy street. This hotel is probably better suited for conferences than for families.

We come to San Diego very often and when we come back we will likely stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: We are on 7th floor and our window/balcony faces main street and it is loud.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dkzapopan
Jaclyn K, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear dkzapopan,
Thank you for the nice comments about our property but I regret to hear about the small details that would cause you to question whether or not to stay here again. We pride ourselves in offering a safe and comfortable stay so I apologize to hear this was not your family’s experience by our pool. I can assure you our team will be taking immediate corrective action to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. Your feedback is valuable so thank you so much for sharing your review!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've been traveling to San Diego on business for nearly two years. I've stayed in many hotels here, but since May of 2013 I've only stayed at this property and will only stay here. I stay here atleast every other month (rewards #661362616) and have to say that in addition to the high rankings on all other above measures regarding the hotel ... Doah and Megan provide the best food and drink service behind the bar. After every long day at the client site, I have open choice for where I eat and drink in the evening. Because of Doah and Megan who I met back May 2013 ... I choose to stay right here in the Amuse Lounge at the hotel. The service, friendliness and entertaining personalities are the best. This is a great hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you're in La Jolla, San Diego you need to say at the Marriott! Service is amazing from the front desk to the shuttle service, they take care of you. The highlight for me after a long day working is the service provided by Doah and Megan at the beautiful indoor/outdoor bar! If you don't ask for them you're missing out.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jwbryant
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went to San Diego for a job meeting and I stayed at the Marriott in La Jolla.
I was looking for the restrooms and a gentleman named Miguel (who is a very tall engineer!) showed me the way. I asked him for a nice restaurant to go to, and he recommended the Nine Ten in La Jolla. He was very cordial and helpful. His recommendation was great! Also, I loved the Hotel. They had a very good service from the engineer I spoke with to the banquet people.
I give them 5 stars!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Summerjoy545
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This review is specifically to highlight Amelia, Bilal and Amanda. They provided excellent service and hospitality and made us feel very welcome on our daily visits to the Concierge Lounge. They greeted our 9 month old son by name on our return visits and did not seem to mind cleaning up all the messes he made after eating. They were very friendly and courteous. 5 stars for their service!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I have visited many Marriotts before and this one by far is the most friendly, compassionate, and hospitable one. Major major kudos to the Concierge Services staff Bilal, Amelia, Arlin, and Amanda for amazing service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family