“Nice hotel and service”

San Diego Marriott La Jolla
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I use this hotel for business trips to San Diego, very close to businesses and restaurants. Special kudos to Bilal and Amelia in the concierge lounge! They always come through when in a hurry with prompt service, and are always helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We spent 4 days in the Presidential suite. It was not very presidential. There was a tiny refrigerator, no glasses for the bar, no utensils and the ice maker on the floor did not work. When we requested glasses and ice, we were charged for them.

The room itself was nice and the attached patio was great. the people were all friendly and helpful, especially at the front desk. The ladies in the concierge lounge - Amelia, Bilal and Amanda- were great. The hotel is good, just don't waste your money on the presidential suite.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jaclyn K, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear gawcc,
Thank you for your honest and constructive comments following your recent stay with us. I apologize that the presidential suite did not meet your expectations. I will immediately look into the points you have raised to see if it is something we can correct. On a positive note, I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our property. Our team takes great pride in ensuring our guests have an exceptional stay so I can't wait to share your flattering compliments with Amanda, Bilal, and Amelia! We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here last year when there was construction work going on. I stayed here a couple of weeks ago with my family and we were impressed. The staff was amazing and the rooms were very nice. This is one of my favorite hotels, I highly recommend!!!!!

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Were there late June with a family wedding rate, very good value. Hotel booked so for first night wife and I shared two queen beds with 2 sons in 20s, then moved to our own king room. Restaurant breakfast offers menu and buffet options, and there is a delightful Starbucks in the restaurant itself with burrito and cereal breakfast options as well. Can order food and coffee from either part. Staff friendly and accommodating. Beautiful out to her area for a bar or breakfast eating. Parking costs $20 per night, $25 for valet parking. Only complaint is that Wi-Fi is not free in the room, although available in the lobby, breakfast, and bar area. Would very definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank richardl168
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for work and it's an excellent hotel to stay. Construction work is complete and there no more noise. Upon check-in I had to wait 5 mins as the folks at the counter were helping guests with local sites/restaurants to go to. Please get another concierge booth for that. I want to check in and go to my room, not wait. Rooms were clean and Marriott Standard. As a Gold Member I had access to the lounge area. Food was good, but gets crowded mornings and evenings. Staff need to enforce policy where folks bring in their kids/uncle/aunt etc. There is a policy that allows ONE other person to enter with the eligible member who has access. Start limiting or charging folks that check in with more than one person in their party. Trying to work up there in the lounge area is impossible with noise. Staff at lounge area, gym, pool were all great. Parking is a costly, but park on the main street for free. Local restaurant walkable is minimal. It is a 10 min drive to La Jolla Beach area which is super nice and convenient.

Room Tip: High Floors
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank NiteSurfer1
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Me and my wife were here last year and we came back this year because of the nice hotel, close our daughter's house and the nicest staffs at the premises. We were so pleased for being given all the amenities we requested considering there was a lot going on (conventions, weddings, etc.)
What impress us most is some of their employees even recognized us from last year and made us feel very special (Amelia, Bilal and Amanda). Were treated like VIPs and can't wait to come again next year.

Room Tip: High floors and enjoy the views of La Jolla.
1  Thank jgbalcit
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Visited the La Jolla Marriott again, this time it was for the Memorial Day weekend. Check in was easy, I was there early at 11am or so, but I told them I knew i was early and would be back after visiting the beach but wanted to request a double bed, which they did.
Rooms were nice, fairly standard. My wife liked the toiletries. Views were nice.

The location is a bit away from the beach, but actually we like the location, it is right across from the mall that has Corner Bakery, which we like, and a PF Changs is just down the street. We also ate at the hotel by the firepit, and the food was tasty.

Everything was nice with the hotel. The only negatives were the noise by the pool late, as we were on the pool side, and the fools next door were making a bunch of noise past midnight that woke me up. We have two young girls, we are asleep well before midnight, so that was irritating. Luckily, they weren't noisy for long after waking me up. This happened one night, but not the other thankfully. I can't really mark the hotel off for things like that which are out of their control, and i am glad the noise stopped fairly quickly.

I would recommend this place, it is very convenient and the service has been good.

Room Tip: Away from the pool is quieter, if that is what you like.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family