“Good location and great value”

San Diego Marriott La Jolla
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
San Francisco, California
“Good location and great value”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here for a quick trip to San Diego. Very nice modern hotel with big rooms and great views. Pool was nice and welcome great due to being on the road so long. Breakfast came with room rate and was very well done both from menus and buffet, Very good value.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

To me the valet are the face of the hotel, they are the first and last person you see during your stay. The valet went above and beyond to assist me during my stay. My husband is a disabled veteran, and we were traveling with our 17 month old son which left most of the heavy letting to me. The valet continuously offered to help me with my bags, stroller even diaper bag. They had my car outside waiting for me every morning promptly at 8.

Myles Dalton Streinhardt, Kevin Brady, Matt and Zack truly made our stay easier and more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had a lovely lunch at the Marriott yesterday! The grilled fish tacos were fabulous, fresh, and tasty, and the service was awesome! Our waitress, Elisha, was very friendly, professional and attentive and made sure that we felt welcome and had a wonderful meal. Go, and make sure you ask for Elisha's section!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I use this hotel for business trips to San Diego, very close to businesses and restaurants. Special kudos to Bilal and Amelia in the concierge lounge! They always come through when in a hurry with prompt service, and are always helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Harwich, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We spent 4 days in the Presidential suite. It was not very presidential. There was a tiny refrigerator, no glasses for the bar, no utensils and the ice maker on the floor did not work. When we requested glasses and ice, we were charged for them.

The room itself was nice and the attached patio was great. the people were all friendly and helpful, especially at the front desk. The ladies in the concierge lounge - Amelia, Bilal and Amanda- were great. The hotel is good, just don't waste your money on the presidential suite.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jaclyn K, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear gawcc,
Thank you for your honest and constructive comments following your recent stay with us. I apologize that the presidential suite did not meet your expectations. I will immediately look into the points you have raised to see if it is something we can correct. On a positive note, I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our property. Our team takes great pride in ensuring our guests have an exceptional stay so I can't wait to share your flattering compliments with Amanda, Bilal, and Amelia! We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Carson, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here last year when there was construction work going on. I stayed here a couple of weeks ago with my family and we were impressed. The staff was amazing and the rooms were very nice. This is one of my favorite hotels, I highly recommend!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hopkins, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Were there late June with a family wedding rate, very good value. Hotel booked so for first night wife and I shared two queen beds with 2 sons in 20s, then moved to our own king room. Restaurant breakfast offers menu and buffet options, and there is a delightful Starbucks in the restaurant itself with burrito and cereal breakfast options as well. Can order food and coffee from either part. Staff friendly and accommodating. Beautiful out to her area for a bar or breakfast eating. Parking costs $20 per night, $25 for valet parking. Only complaint is that Wi-Fi is not free in the room, although available in the lobby, breakfast, and bar area. Would very definitely stay there again.

Stayed June 2014