“Consistenly great service”

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Chicago, Illinois
“Consistenly great service”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

From the cleanliness of the rooms, the hospitality of the front desk staff, and the friendliness and accommodating attitudes of the concierge staff, the Marriott La Jolla is definitely my top choice hotel in San Diego. Amanda in the concierge lounge remembers your family member's names and welcomes everyone with a warm smile. She is exceptionally pleasant and is able to manage the concierge lounge with ease by herself, even when crowded with guests. We all feel that we're attended to personally. What a gem!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The location and quality of the rooms at the Marriott are fine. I was also very impressed with the helpfulness of the reception staff. Unfortunately, because we had such a nice lunch at the Marriott with the soccer team we were traveling with, we decided to go back for dinner. Big Mistake!!! It took us over two hours to get our food, and when we did finally get it, some of the orders were cold and some were missing. We were all starving and asked for bread to tie us over, but it never came. Finally, we gave up and asked for the manager. The service at dinner was unbelievably bad. I might stay here again, but never again for dinner!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Fieldtravels
Jaclyn K, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Fieldtravels,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us! It was our pleasure to be hosting you and your whole soccer team so I regret to hear about your experience in our restaurant. I am happy to hear that you had such a nice lunch and that our front desk was able to be so helpful but I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience at dinner. I can assure you this is not a typical and that we have taken the necessary action to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. I would love to invite you back to enjoy our restaurant on your next stay to regain your trust! Thank you!
La Paz, Bolivia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed over the 4th of July weekend with family.

OK hotel: small lobby, small lobby bar, tiny swimming pool. Rooms were OK, gym was very good. Breakfast room was windowless and quite dull and had to wait to be seated not because it was full but because the staff could not set tables quick enough. I wonder if Marriott decided on purpose to make this hotel a limited version of its other properties. Staff is helpful. Slightly surprised that other reviewers are sooo complementary of this or that other staff member

Will probably stay elsewhere next time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JoseLuisContreras
Jaclyn K, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear JoseLuisContreras,
Thank you so much for staying with us over the holiday weekend and posting a response about your experience. I sincerely regret to hear that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Marriott hotels have provided for you. I can assure you that we have addressed your valued feedback with our Food and Beverage team who will look to provide a much higher level of service in the future. On a more positive note, we are glad to know that you enjoyed other aspects of your stay. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here for a quick trip to San Diego. Very nice modern hotel with big rooms and great views. Pool was nice and welcome great due to being on the road so long. Breakfast came with room rate and was very well done both from menus and buffet, Very good value.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

To me the valet are the face of the hotel, they are the first and last person you see during your stay. The valet went above and beyond to assist me during my stay. My husband is a disabled veteran, and we were traveling with our 17 month old son which left most of the heavy letting to me. The valet continuously offered to help me with my bags, stroller even diaper bag. They had my car outside waiting for me every morning promptly at 8.

Myles Dalton Streinhardt, Kevin Brady, Matt and Zack truly made our stay easier and more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had a lovely lunch at the Marriott yesterday! The grilled fish tacos were fabulous, fresh, and tasty, and the service was awesome! Our waitress, Elisha, was very friendly, professional and attentive and made sure that we felt welcome and had a wonderful meal. Go, and make sure you ask for Elisha's section!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I use this hotel for business trips to San Diego, very close to businesses and restaurants. Special kudos to Bilal and Amelia in the concierge lounge! They always come through when in a hurry with prompt service, and are always helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business