“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a fabulous stay at the Marriott, La Jolla. The staff was very catering, especially since we were traveling with my 92 yr old mother. The rooms were spacious and lovely. The food options included a Starbucks, dinning room (with great buffet breakfast) etc. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel. The first time was in March 2014 and far exceeded this experience.

Problems: Did not get room disabled shower I requested (both through reservation and as a Marriott customer), no room service menu in the room, took over an hour to get one sent up, no hotel information booklet (safety info/facility guide), very musty odor on the guest floor, pool was filthy (large clumps of hair and tissues), room service food was not good (tasteless, soggy), staff very unhelpful.

When I asked to speak to the day shift customer service manager to request a change to a room with an accessible shower, as well as to bring up the other complaints listed above, I was told she was "on a conference call". At 8:45 a.m. I requested the room change through the desk clerk and to have my one suitcase moved to the new room. I returned to the hotel briefly in the late afternoon and was told the change hadn't been made yet. After coming back from work at 10:30 p.m., the suitcase was still in the old room. The new room was all the way down a corridor - so much for accommodations for the disabled. I moved the suitcase myself.

This morning I was awakened by a very loud construction project. The area in general is quite noisy. That's not Marriott's fault but be aware.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joanne W
Jaclyn K, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Joanne,
First and foremost, please accept my sincerest apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had during your stay with us. Please know that the level of service that you described here is not the level of service expected of our team and our property. The situation that you encountered at our hotel was extremely rare, but that does not make it anymore right. Our guest’s comfort is a top priority and we pride ourselves on providing outstanding service based on each guest’s individual need so I regret to read that did we not accomplish that with your stay. We have high expectations for ourselves and are all very sorry that we missed many opportunities here with your experience. Thank you so much for this honest review so that we may learn and grow as we move forward.
Imperial, California
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Everything was good, but would had loved a coffee machine in the room. I think that for what I paid, it would have been nice. The hotel was very clean, and the staff was very cordial. Couldnt have asked for a better location.

• Stayed July 2014
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was in La Jolla for a conference and this is the hotel hosting it. The room was nicely decorated and had a very comfortable bed. However, the bathroom needs upgrading. With the drought in California, the toilets were very wasteful - they need upgrading.

The staff was wonderful. Everyone friendly and helpful. I used room service and the food was prompt and tasty. Bar staff very friendly, but quite expensive - and I was there during happy hour - one drink $12.00!

Several offsite restaurants and a Starbuck's - all within a 2 minute walk. Overall, the hotel is great, but a bit expensive.

Green Features: As mentioned earlier - they need to replace the toilets - too wasteful.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Fontana, California, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I accompanied my friend, who was on a business trip, last month. This was my second visit to this property. The staff here is wonderful. I love sitting in the outside lounge area. The wait staff was very nice and courteous and helpful whether I was ordering or not. I relaxed reading my book on numerous ocassions out in the sun. The food is delicious. Our bartender Jeff was great. We had use of the Conceirge Lounge Excellent, Excellent, Excellent !!! Amelia, Arlin and Bilal are wonderful I cannot compliment them enough.

La Jolla Village is about 15 to 20 minutes away. If you do not have a car the Valet will gladly get you a taxi or the bus stop is just down one block on La Jolla Village Drive. The only issue I have is the cost of parking, but in comparing hotels in the area most charge a daily parking . I would like to see it be a flat rate for your entire stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The rooms were very clean, comfortable beds, large flat screen tv & friendly professional staff. It also has a nice smaller sports bar. I liked this hotel a lot & will definitely stay there when we are in La Jolla again!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank BHOregon
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We've recently stayed at this hotel and we really enjoyed it. Everything was nice, comfortable and clean and the staff was professional, friendly and helpful. Thank you Sonia, Amelia and Bilal for a great service- you are amazing! Hope to return there soon!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family