“Regents Pizza is the real deal!!!!!”
Review of Regents Pizzeria

Regents Pizzeria
Ranked #60 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Delivery
Description: At Regents Pizzeria, we make a great pizza, not just a round product. If you crave the thin, foldable crust of a hand-crafted New York pizza, or the thick, double-layered stuffed crust of a genuine Chicago pizza, we can give it to you. We craft our New York and Chicago-style pizzas by hand, making our own dough in small batches, using the best ingredients we can find, and we cook it to perfection on stone-deck ovens. If you just finished a mid-term and need a place to unwind with a brew, or are taking a break from studying for tomorrows big exam, Regents Pizzeria is for you. Nothing helps to relax from an all-night study sesh better than a fresh Cannoli and friendly atmosphere.
thousand oaks
“Regents Pizza is the real deal!!!!!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Chicago style is the best and the NY is off the hook. Do not look for any other pizza place. It is small inside but packs a real wallop! Do not hesitate. I am a foodie with cooking experience and I used to work at Pizza places as a kid. You cannot go wrong with regents. 45 minute wait for a Chicago style but worth every minute. Enjoy!

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
“First visit”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

While I'm not one who typically looks forward to eating in a stucco strip mall setting, it was time to try Regent's given all the great things I've heard. And it was a rewarding experience. Excellent assortment of pizzas and other foods. Carmelized goat cheese salad was fantastic as was the white pizza. Wifi and TV available.

Service was prompt, food was hot and one of the owners even stopped by our table to make sure our meal was going well. Are miss that true ownership touch. Classy move and much appreciated.

Guess I won't judge all restaurants by their location anymore - although I do hope the strip mall scene fades back someday to standalone businesses touting their individuality.

• Visited August 2013
San Diego, California
“Surprisingly Great Pizza”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

In San Diego, great pizza is not easy to find. Sure, there are a couple dotted around the city, but when you get a little north, the pizza seems to go a little south. That is, until I discovered Regents.

Tucked away in a small center off the main road, the tiny pizzeria turns out a great product. They seem to use great ingredients and clearly know how to put them together. I have been ordering from them for over a year and the pies are consistently excellent. They also have an unexpectedly unique beer offering. Great pizza and unique beer are a winning combination.

In a land that is pizza-challenged, Regents, in my opinion, stands about the rest.

• Visited July 2013
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
“A little gem that is incredible”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a gem we discovered via the internet while searching for a pizza place near San Diego, and what a find it was. This was some of the best pizza I found while out there and it will stand up to any pizza you can find back here on the east coast. Get the 18" with any toppings and you will not be dissappointed. It was so good we went back a second time. Plan on standing in line during the rush times because this little gem gets packed, but trust me it is well worth standing for five to ten minutes. They also have a decent beer selection both in bottle and draft.

• Visited July 2013
Golden, CO
“What a throw back to a delightful pizza eating experience”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Some people like crust. Some people don't. We I got myself a Chicago style pizza. (They do also have New York style for thsoe who want less bread) We called ahead. Although after arriving we found it may have been worth the wait just to people watch here. It is obvious that all of the drama students from nearby UCSD must be working here. What a wonderful crew of kids who are all dressed like the old time pizza places where we used to go to eat in our neighborhood. No door bell ringing here. The pizza was to die for. We bought a small thank god. Seriously, one piece filled me up. y husband squeezed down two only because it was so good. We gave the rest to the staff at The Shores where we stayed. So worth it.

Visited June 2013