“good italian food, cute atmosphere”

Barbarella Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #35 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: La Jolla Shores Drive
Transit: Bus Stop is located within walking distance.
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I walked up to this restaurant with no reservation early evening 5:00 and were seated right away. The restaurant is small and I think later in the evening you really need a reservation. I had the mushroom spinach risotto and champagne. The bread was good and the fun was very tasty. My husband had them make him a special request pizza. He loved it. The restaurant is decorated in a colorful, eclectic sort of way but I liked it. I recommend it for basic quiet experience and good solid menu.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Bit of an eclectic decor and looked more like a nothing special Italian restaurant but menu and food surprisingly good. Nice flavors, nice presentation. Pleasant staff. One of our better meals in San Diego / La Jolla

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Very ordinary food, extremely loud, hostess was very disorganized and confused and it was not especially clean overall. Very disappointed.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stopped here while on business in La Jolla and was not disappointed. The food was outstanding and the service excellent.
I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely come back when I am in the area. I had a pasta dish with calamari and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Barbarella in late September 2013. The meal was served "family style" which some people in our group did not like. I thought it was terrific because I got an opportunity to try some of all the dishes. The ravioli verdura with fresh ricotta cheese, lemon cream and basil was heavenly. We had a really nice bottle of red wine here as well. I think it was a Petit Sirah. If I ever return to La Jolla or San Diego I plan to make a return visit to Barbarella.